NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Well folks. It's almost that time of year again! The first New York Pipe Show of 2009 will be held at the Wyndam Garden Hotel in Newark, NJ on Saturday March 14th. As per usual Boston will be well represented. I look forward to seeing some 'BoBs' there too!

The hotel's website:
http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/EWRAP/main.wnt

I am thinking that I might try to attend Dock. I have family in Mullica Hill, NJ that I believe is about 1 1/2 hours or a little less away from Newark. I can stay with them and drive up to the show.

You beat me to it, Dock.

I'll be there and hope to see as many of you fine folk as can make it there.

Sam Barnett, one of the organizers, usually posts a list of vendors, exhibitors, etc... on asp. March is usually one of the bigger shows for us. When I get some info I'll post it here.

Lou, NY

Save yer coins boys!!!
Looks like I'll be hitchin a ride North w/ JP for the NY show!
Any other Southern B.O.B.s want to go? Let us know.
We can carpool and/or caravan (invade?) our way north of the Mason/Dixon, in order to share fuel & hotel expenses.
Yee Haa!!! :cheers: :pipe:

Disclaimer: Any individuals agreeing to said excursion shall also agree to no consumption of legumes for the days previous to said excursion.

EJinVA":175w0gur said:
Save yer coins boys!!!
Looks like I'll be hitchin a ride North w/ JP for the NY show!
Any other Southern B.O.B.s want to go? Let us know.
We can carpool and/or caravan (invade?) our way north of the Mason/Dixon, in order share fuel & hotel expenses.
Yee Haa!!! :cheers: :pipe:

Disclaimer: Any individuals agreeing to said excursion shall also agree to no consumption of legumes for the days previous to said excursion.
It should be an adventure for sure! I plan to swing through western VA and then on to NJ. We'll show them yanks a thing or two and elevate Dock's blood pressure! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, the highlight will be meeting some of our yankee brothers in person! :cheers:

I'm thrilled that you guys are gonna come! It'll be great meeting up with you confederates! Make sure you both wear something with the Rebel Flag so we'll know it's you! :lol:

Danish_Pipe_Guy":olaxngua said:
Make sure you both wear something with the Rebel Flag so we'll know it's you! :lol:
Yeah, be sure to wear the Stars & Bars proudly when you leave the hotel and wander through charming Downtown Newark. It's a clean, safe, tolerant little burg, and you want to make sure the locals know you're from out of town so they can welcome you properly!

Doc Manhattan":h1l8bamj said:
Danish_Pipe_Guy":h1l8bamj said:
Make sure you both wear something with the Rebel Flag so we'll know it's you! :lol:
Yeah, be sure to wear the Stars & Bars proudly when you leave the hotel and wander through charming Downtown Newark. It's a clean, safe, tolerant little burg, and you want to make sure the locals know you're from out of town so they can welcome you properly!
Here is a photo of us on our last outing, just so you'll know what to look fer.

Just make sure Granny has her shotgun. Actually, upgrade her to a Desert Eagle, if you really want the full Newark experience.

Actually if you will notice EJ's avatar, it is a painting depicting a Union and Confederate soldier sharing tobacco and coffee during a cease fire period of a battle or during the winter months when there was very little fighting. They would visit each others camps to exchange tobacco and coffee. The confederates had ample supply of tobacco and the yanks had the coffee that the south couldn't get much of due to the blockades. Even during the terrible war of Northern aggression, the fight did not out weigh the brotherhood of the pipe!

Doc W. I have been through Newark before and I will proudly display my Confederate heritage. I am a member of the SCV.

JB and EJ - take a left and swing through Texas and pick me up? :D

JJPHOTO":ym98v5k9 said:
JB and EJ - take a left and swing through Texas and pick me up? :D
It would be nice to have a representitive from the Republic Of Texas with us.

Just happened to catch this thread after an absence due to family matters. I'll be there with a table full of new and estate pipes for everyone to view and I'm really looking forward to meeting the Brothers of Briar at this event. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather. I'll also have some fine beverage that we can all share.
:D :D
Andy

docwatson":1vmwc8c1 said:
Just happened to catch this thread after an absence due to family matters. I'll be there with a table full of new and estate pipes for everyone to view and I'm really looking forward to meeting the Brothers of Briar at this event. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather. I'll also have some fine beverage that we can all share.
Andy
I'll be sure to bring an empty glass and a full wallet! Sounds great, Andy!

Hope all is well,

Lou, NY

docwatson":hnq8xdct said:
Andy
:cheers:

I was at the last one in Dec 08 and anticipate this one as well.
Cheers,

John

Can anyone supply us a list of pending vendors? or is it too early to know for sure?