NY Pipe Show March 8, 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbinedave

Reaction score
Who else from the forum is going?  I already have my hotel booked for Friday and Saturday night.  Here is some info taken off the NYPC FB page:

Here is information on our March 8, 2014 NY PIPE show. Last year was a great success so we welcome you to this year’s show – hope to see you there.

NEW YORK PIPE SHOW...
21st ANNUAL
PIPE CONVENTION

SHOW DATE SATURDAY March 8th, 2014

SHOW OPEN TO THE PUBLIC @ 10:00 AM-------

WYNDHAM (Formally the RAMADA) NEWARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HOTEL 1-973-824-4000

Parking is Free – get stamp or ticket at show or front desk

SPECIAL ROOM RATES Ask the front desk about THE PIPE SHOW DISCOUNT

Important Note for Room reservations:
The hotel has blocked rooms for Mar 7-08, 2014 under id # 647950 has blocked all our available smoking rooms – 11 rooms total - for now. I ask that everyone who wants a smoking room to contact the hotel 973 824 4000 and then please contact Mitch H. Nassiri or Denise Daniels FOM at ext 222 or 244 if you want to a smoking room.

Rate Per Table: RETAILERS $85.00 (a) Paypal $89.00
COLLECTORS $70.00 (b) Paypal $74.00

CHECKS ONLY PAYABLE TO: RICHARD ESSERMAN, 238 AYCRIGG AVE, UNIT D
PASSAIC, NJ 07055
[email protected]
[email protected]

CONVENTION DIRECTORS: SAM BARNETT & RICH ESSERMAN
*TABLE RESERVATIONS REQUIRE FULL PAYMENT. NO TABLE CAN BE RESERVED OR GUARANTEED UNLESS FULL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED. NO REFUNDS OF TABLE MONEY.

(a) All payments After February 20, 2014 – check - $100.00; paypal $105.00.
(b) All payments After February 20, 2014 Check $85.00 paypal - $89.00.
Note: The Hotel and Show complies with NJ State Smoking Regulations.

yo herb - haven't missed one since I started going 6 years ago. It will be great to finally meet you.

hp
les

May I also extend an invitation to any and all to join members of the NY & Christopher Morley (Philly) Pipe Clubs for a "Show and Tell" along with a bite to eat and drink at the smoke friendly and encouraged, JR Cigars, just a short drive on Rt. 10 in Whippany, NJ after the show. It has become a tradition for us to head over to JR Cigar after the show (5-6pm) where we can relax in a roomy and comfortable dining area complete with a smoke, the sharing of tobaccos and be treated to some pretty delicious menu offerings, not to mention live jazz music! We always have a great time! All are welcome to join us after the show.

Lou

Like always, I'll be there too!
Lou is buying the first round at JR's!!! :p 

lestrout":kpxv9l1h said:
yo herb - haven't missed one since I started going 6 years ago.  It will be great to finally meet you.

hp
les
Yes it will Les and I believe there is a chance Riff Raff may be joining us.

herbinedave":we6kdd88 said:
lestrout":we6kdd88 said:
yo herb - haven't missed one since I started going 6 years ago.  It will be great to finally meet you.

hp
les
Riff Raff? Yeah Yeah Yeah...........sure he will! :p 

herbinedave":fn508cg4 said:
lestrout":fn508cg4 said:

hp
les
I'm going to try and make this one! I'd love to be able to get to the Whippany met & greet as well.

riff raff":l4klofoy said:
herbinedave":l4klofoy said:
lestrout":l4klofoy said:

hp
les
I'm going to try and make this one!  I'd love to be able to get to the Whippany met & greet as well.  
Hope you able to make it Al.

I am going to be there. It is my first pipe show, so I'm not sure what to expect but excited to find out what its all about!
Mike.

I'll bring along my "Forum Meet & Greet" sign again. I'll put it on a table. Lets shoot for a 1 PM meet at the designated table.

riff raff":nb116wgr said:
I'll bring along my "Forum Meet & Greet" sign again.  I'll put it on a table.  Lets shoot for a 1 PM meet at the designated table.  
1PM at JR Cigars??????

DoverPipes":vxry8wfh said:
riff raff":vxry8wfh said:
I'll bring along my "Forum Meet & Greet" sign again.  I'll put it on a table.  Lets shoot for a 1 PM meet at the designated table.  
1PM at JR Cigars??????
Even better! I'll be at the show by 9-10 AM. How far is JR from the show site (guessing 30 minutes?).
I could stay at JR till 4 PM, that gets me home by 7 PM.

Meet & Greet moved to 11 AM!

DoverPipes":apbe28x7 said:
riff raff":apbe28x7 said:
1PM at JR Cigars??????
I'm guessing that's 1pm in the Show Hall of the pipe show. Of course, anyone can head to JR Cigar at anytime but the bulk of us usually head over between 4-5pm or as the show grinds to a halt.

Lou

riff raff":745xwutu said:
DoverPipes":745xwutu said:
riff raff":745xwutu said:
1PM at JR Cigars??????
Even better!  I'll be at the show by 9-10 AM.  How far is JR from the show site (guessing 30 minutes?).  
I could stay at JR till 4 PM, that gets me home by 7 PM.  

Meet & Greet moved to 11 AM!
Newark Show to JR in Whippany; roughly 30 minutes as the crow flies.

herbinedave":5b9erch7 said:
I will be there Friday night.  Is anyone else coming in early?
I have to work, otherwise I'd be down on Friday.
See you there Saturday!!!!! :cheers: