O-HI-O

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kschatey

Reaction score
Greetings from Southwest Ohio! I was introduced to the pipe smoking hobby nearly two years ago by a couple of neighbor friends and had a lot of fun exploring tobacco blends and expanding my pipe collection for about a year. Unfortunately, I then had to take a hiatus for about a year due to an unrelated health concern and have only piped up the pipe again a few weeks ago. I forgot how much I missed sitting on the front porch, reading a book, and smoking a pipe. It's good to be back!

I only get to smoke 3-4 days a week on average and only smoke a single bowl on those days. I'm pretty much a tobacco omnivore, but I typically seek out anything Oriental-forward. My favorite blends include Arango Balkan Supreme and Rattray's Red Rapparee. I prefer the prince shape when it comes to pipes and my go-to favorites are a pair of Savinelli 315KS pipes. I have found that the general shape and chamber dimensions works well for me for just about all types of tobacco blends, but I do have a clay pipe that I like for straight Virginias. I hadn't added any pipes to the collection or tobacco to the cellar for over a year, but I did manage to get some of the C&D Sun Bear Black Locust (June 2021) recently that I have really been enjoying.

I'm always excited to learn more and talk to others about the hobby. Thanks for reading, and hopefully we get to talk soon. Take care!

Hello ks from Alabama. The prince shape in a smaller size is one of my favorite shapes also. At work I can put a shag or ribbon cut in it for a 20-25 minute smoke and at the house a flake for a 40-45 smoke. If you post your daily schedule for the next week we can try and find a few more hours in the day for you to pack a few extra pipes:)

Welcome to the group, I'm originally from NE Ohio (you know the good part lol). Hope you enjoy your time here
Ha! I'm originally from NW Ohio (the part that was a swamp that was drained and is now as at as the eye can see!), but have been in SW Ohio for nearly 25 years now. It's crazy how fast time seems to go by when looking back...

If you post your daily schedule for the next week we can try and find a few more hours in the day for you to pack a few extra pipes:)
Much appreciated! ;) I may he able to up the count now that the weather trending toward cooler.

Good morning and Welcome from Long Island,NY
I have found this group to be a great bunch of guys from all over the country,very respectful and friendly and a great place to discuss pipes and tobacco`s.

Greetings from the smokey Carson River plains between the Pine Nut and the Flowery Mountain Ranges near Dayton (after the surveyor John Day) Nevada. How is your relative humidity? You must have more than the single digits we usually have.

Greetings from the smokey Carson River plains between the Pine Nut and the Flowery Mountain Ranges near Dayton (after the surveyor John Day) Nevada. How is your relative humidity? You must have more than the single digits we usually have.
Lately temperatures have been >90 degrees and humidity >50% with relatively humidity hitting 90%... Not ideal conditions for pipe smoking!