Official 2022 Bombing Squadron Sign Up Has Begun!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Is there any appetite amongst you to get back to our regular bombing runs?

For the new folks, this was a monthly thing where some poor sod was singled out to get many packages of tobacco, tampers, pipes, etc. from BoB's bomb squadron and I certainly had great fun with it.

Cheers,

Tim

Well…that’s three. It’s the first real spark to reinstate the Bombing Squadron.

OK…Understand that the Bombers are not an official function or element of the Brothers of Briar. It’s a monthly activity conceived with the express purpose of doing good things to good people. There should be no expectation of Squadron members that they will be selected to be a target. If you join, you join to do good things for others, not to get anything in return. The true joy is experiencing the shock and horror of a target realizing they are being hit…and trying to explain to his furious wife that he really didn’t order more tobacco, etc.

I’m sure you all appreciate that it took a fair amount of time & effort to make it happen month after month…for years…but for the good of the order I’m willing to do it again. 😵‍💫

IF…we generate a list of more than a dozen hard corp volunteers that sign on for a minimum of 6 consecutive missions. This will be a general interest list…not a fully commissioned list. IF we get the proper number of volunteers I’ll publish a set of guidelines that commissioned pilots will need to agree to. An example is that pilots are required to sign on for a minimum of 6 consecutive missions.

AND…to start things off, I’ll guarantee a commission only to those that have flown successful missions in the past. That will provide a current working example to those who haven’t participated before but might like to sign on. It also means that participants need to be members in good standing preferably with a history of active participation.

Still hot to fly? OK…here we go!

The following is the official interest list of the 2022 BoB Bombers Squadron:

1. Blackhorse (Commander)
2. Timbo
3. Fr_Tom
4. D.L.Ruth
5. Briar Beagle
6. Ranger107
7. Brewdude
8. thedeep

Good news! Brewdude has stepped up and agreed to fill his past role as Exec./Co-Commander (whichever it was).

Pilots flying missions might not notice any difference in operations, but I sure do.

Makes a big difference - so THANKS RANDE!!!

8E9EA29E-0CBE-4914-A9DB-87C0F0A5C609.jpeg

The following is the official interest list of the 2022 BoB Bombers Squadron:

1. Blackhorse (Commander)
2. Timbo
3. Fr_Tom
4. D.L.Ruth
5. Briar Beagle
6. Ranger107
7. Brewdude
8. thedeep
9. Balisong
10. Ozark Wizard

Both thedeep and Balisong have been added. Obviously neither one can read since in my initial list of preferences I stated those that had not flown previous missions should wait. BUT…not being able to read has in the past been helpful to pilots…so THEY’RE IN. 🥳

Seriously…we greatly appreciate their willingness to help out and their spirits of generosity for being willing to share. Good on ye, boys.

Thanks for adding me to the list. I did read your post,
I’ll guarantee a commission only to those that have flown successful missions in the past.
and since I hadn't been part of the group in the past, but, there were still open slots, I volunteered!