Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As evidenced in the picture, the war piglets flew well on their wings and delivered the bomb correctly and on time! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

DrumsAndBeer":ckn22ge6 said:
No direct hit for me! And another US Postal Service fail!:x

It seems my missile decided to bypass a more direct route and delay its detonation by taking a trip to Disneyland. :fpalm:

Yep, it's in Anaheim! :scratch:
Mine is catching an Astros games. Gee thanks for the empty promises and shattered dreams USPS.

re: misdirected packages. Sounds like my bomb last month! Hopefully it will take less than a week to straighten out!

DrT999":6p6in91t said:
re: misdirected packages. Sounds like my bomb last month! Hopefully it will take less than a week to straighten out!
yup. mine is 30 miles away...
as of 6:15 am.

This is the 2nd delayed parcel in a row for me. I sent some GLP tins to Brother via 2-day Priority and my package decided to take a 3 day vacation in Virginia. :x

A new service of 'Brothers of Briar' - "Ask BoB"

Dear BoB -

So..my wife texts me from her work...asks if I want her to pick anything up on her way home (I'm home today). I know she's thinking fast food or a fast dive into a grocery. But I text her back: one bottle of "Rare Breed" instead. Did I do the right thing?

- Thirsty in Oregon

8)

Blackhorse":kd2bqynq said:
A new service of 'Brothers of Briar' - "Ask BoB"

Dear BoB -

So..my wife texts me from her work...asks if I want her to pick anything up on her way home (I'm home today). I know she's thinking fast food or a fast dive into a grocery. But I text her back: one bottle of "Rare Breed" instead. Did I do the right thing?

- Thirsty in Oregon

8)
That's a winning choice, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the bombing run. :p

No...I know. Just drumming my fingers on the table here...waitin' for the detonation of my goods...bored...antsy...a bit frustrated...

It's definitely a dangerous combination.

It's like when we took a family road trip into the hinterlands one year and WAY out in the middle of nowhere we come upon this little lean to...shack store built onto and out the side of a double wide...and in three foot high letters painted all the way across one wall it says...

"GUNS...LIQUOR...AMMO"

Maybe we should a stopped.

DrumsAndBeer":fi6qnd68 said:
This is the 2nd delayed parcel in a row for me. I sent some GLP tins to Brother via 2-day Priority and my package decided to take a 3 day vacation in Virginia. :x
Well, some of us Virginians are keen on snagging GLP tins. It's a good thing it got through without catching my gaze.

Damage report... 8/29/2014

I arrived home to find my living room in shambles.  As evidenced by the preliminary photo earlier, 5 boxes did arrive today.  I believe the mail carrier was unable to fit all ordinance in her vehicle as we are on a rural route served by a post office the size of a two person outhouse.  Ah, but I digress.  I got home, let te bewildered dogs out to do their business, cleaned up the kitchen, and then proceeded to put things in order.

Starting with the payloads delivered yesterday, I found the following:

1 bag of Sea Salt Crunch (which is hidden from wife and kid as I would not have any left if I had not done so)
1 bag of Black Mallory
2 bundles of pipe cleaners
1 tin Best Brown Flake
1 tin Old Dark Fired
1 tin Red Va
1 bag of GH Brown Flake Unscented
1 clay pipe
1 moisture button

Today:
1 Savanelli 2013 Christmas pipe rusticated
1 bag of grade 1 sumatra coffee (whole bean)  
1 bag of Boswells Mild English
1 customized MM cob (awesome custom job)
1 tin of Squadron Leader
1 bag 2010 FVF
1 tin C&D Guilford Flake
1 tin C&D Red Carpet
1 tin each of Matured Va 22, 24, and 25
1 tin McClelland's Holiday Spirit 2014
2 MM cob pipes
1 very cool bamboo handled tamper
1 bundle of pipe cleaners
1 14oz sealed container of Carter Hall
1 bag of King Charles' Smoking Mixture
1 bag Best Brown Flake
1 bag Chathaw Gold
1 big bag of Squadron Leader
1 big bag of 4noggins Weybridge

20140829_203139.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 600px

Gosh!  That's a haul and a half!  Blessings upon you all for your extreme generosity.   I am sure that I will still be digging myself out of this crater y'all left tomorrow.  The scary part?  I know that there is another wave headed in tomorrow!    

I am curious, though, if my Fokker arrived at its destination. I didn't realize it would be flying on its lonesome. It went radio silent. :fpalm:

The post service that my wife took it to, didn't give her a tracking #. It is because the post office (double outhouse i mentioned earlier) had closed before she could get there, and so, she sent it out via secondary mailer. *Sigh* Small towns. :lol!:

I'm pretty sure I have that same Savinelli. Mine is a 2013 Xmas pipe #106. The chamber on mine isn't as enormous as I expected with an Italian so I started running fairly stout baccy through it. Like Coniston or Dfs. I bet it takes that ODF wonderfully if you're so inclined. Enjoy.

It turns out brother JP was able to deliver one last shot before the devestation set in.  My poor little craft was nearly crippled and barely able to limp back home after being hit by his explosive generosity.
A generous sample of Mellow Monk, tins of Navy Flake, Balkan Sasieni, and Orlik Golden Slices, and some of my favorite bristle cleaners.  All blends I either enjoy or that have been on my to do list :cheers:
Thank you kindly JP, and enjoy digging out of your well deserved rubble :twisted:
Mike.
IMAG0497_zpsy6ox21fp.jpg