Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear August Victim, err, Target:

I just noticed I forgot to add the note to the box. Hopefully you’ll figure things out anyway! :twisted:

The crackerjack Blackhorse fightin' Zeppelin, "No Nonsense" whirrs it's mighty volume toward the target, intending a massive incendiary conflagration.

Zeppelin_Confederate.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 300px

Blackhorse!  You stole my blimp!! Thus, I was delayed by a day.  Fortunately, I was able to commandeer a German Fokker to complete my mission.  I will not be stopped!!  Muahahahaha!!  

military-aircraft-german-fokker-dr.i-triplane-red.jpg

As a rookie bomber pilot awaiting my first mission I tried to muster all the courage I could through the traditional superstitions. I gave my plane a name for the woman that should miss me if I go down. The Ginger Lady. I trembled the entire flight. I lined the target in the sights and released the bomb. Or tried. Alas the rook forgot to open the bay door. I was forced to circle and make another run at the target. This time, with doors open, I released the bomb with the target squarely in sight. I returned home with the entire lack of confidence a first run delivers, praying only that my effort and bomb can make a small contribution to the campaign endured much more bravely by my veteran comrades.

Blackhorse, The fokker was the only thing available at the forward base. All other flying beasts of burden were taken, including the carrier pigeons. I added some moonshine to the tanks on the fokker so that I could extend my range, and add a little bit of power so I can get there on time.. The sacrifices that are made.... I can't enjoy the white lightning in my glass now......

:lol!: :lol!:

d4klutz":3xr8ko98 said:
Blackhorse!  You stole my blimp!! Thus, I was delayed by a day.  Fortunately, I was able to commandeer a German Fokker to complete my mission.  I will not be stopped!!  Muahahahaha!!  

military-aircraft-german-fokker-dr.i-triplane-red.jpg
Nice wings! I have the stretch-model....

188808.jpg

Salvo en route as of yesterday afternoon! On target & on schedule! :bom:

UPDATED: Looks like it hit the target... :twisted:

Medic needed in Hockley, TX Stat!!!

Last night, I arrived home late (10:30) to shrapnel over my lawn from two bombs that landed while I was working.  Fortunately, no one was injured and I was able to collect the evidence below of the perpetrators.

Salvo #1  Late last night

salvo1-M.jpg
" />

20140828_193809-M.jpg
" />

Thinking that the two missiles were strays, I felt safe to go to work, and headed off for a short day at the office.  I was at lunch and out of cell phone reach, when my wife heard the drones of multiple bombers and just barely had time to dive out of the way!   She  tried calling and then texted me (which I got after I got back to the office) to let me know that all were safe, but that I had better prepare for a cleanup when I got home!  I leave work @ 2pm and will be hurrying home to survey the damage.  

Preliminary pictures from the ground are starting to trickle in!

Salvo #2  While I was at lunch

Salvo2-M.jpg
" />

Y'all are a sneaky bunch!

I honestly am surprised. I haven't been a member on BoB long, and a squadron member even less. I am thankful for everyone here and your generosity. I will post more later after I get home.

I have a direct hit and just need some confirmation from the target. One bomblette does not make for shock and awe, but it is a start!

Edit: Confirmation received...

No direct hit for me! And another US Postal Service fail!:x

It seems my missile decided to bypass a more direct route and delay its detonation by taking a trip to Disneyland. :fpalm:

Yep, it's in Anaheim! :scratch:

I'm tracking the ordinance dropped by The Ginger Lady and it appears on track. Awaiting confirmation of hit to target. God have mercy on your soul.