Official August BOB Bombing Run ::: Back To School

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

Im stoked to know that old Fokker made the trip in one piece. :lol!:

Im also happy that the baccy hit the spot!  Let me know what you think of the Mellow Monk.  It's one of my favorite blends.

Juan, I took your advice and put some odf in the sav. Wow! Excellent smoke! Good call.

JP

d4klutz":xekbqnqd said:
Juan,  I took your advice and put some odf in the sav.  Wow!  Excellent smoke! Good call.

JP
I'm so glad. When I think of Xmas pipe smoking, Winter pipe smoking, I'm never smoking light grassy Virginias in the cold. So it works on that level for me too. I like that as a Xmas pipe it smokes the type of tobacco I'd actually reach for around Xmas, nicely. Take cover brother, another bombardment is likely on its way. I think I can almost make out air raid sirens in the distance.

Okay, finally! Local minions are making a torpedo run with my goods at this very moment.

(Please place the tips of your index fingers into your ears in order to escape permanent hearing loss.)

Air raid sirens are silent at the moment.  I decided to sit on my front porch, drink some coffee, read my Bible,  and smoke a bowl of SRS in my new modified cob.  MichaelM did an awesome job on this cob and it smokes wonderfully!     I guess this is what the calm before the storm feels like!

Edit:

I had to abandon pipe and take cover! Air Raid sirens went off and 7 more bombs hit right on target. Obliteration complete! Wife is fine, son got pressed into cleanup duty, and dogs are even more confused! More news as it comes in!

A radio message from a forward reconnaissance plane confirms a hit. We'll have to seek further report on full damage to target. Standing by.

Pics of the bombs actually landing....  I'm 6'4" tall  for scale.

20140830_103214-X2.jpg

More pics to follow soon..... Stay tuned for breaking news!

In all the missions we've had, I don't think I've seen a shot like that one! :affraid:

After a 2-day SoCal bender, my ordinance left the Magic Kingdom in a drunken stupor yesterday at 1:12pm. Hopefully Mickey and the gang didn't put too much of a dent in the tins I sent. :x

Good God... :fpalm:

3rd Salvo.. This one took a while to clean up after.  Still trying to figure out where to put all these bountiful blessings.

20140830_122532-M.jpg
" />

My son didn't quite escape the damage.  He now has a new hello kitty lunchbox to take to highschool :twisted: :twisted:
He is absolutely thrilled and wanted me to take this photo to show everyone his appreciation.  :lol!:  :lol!:

20140830_114740-M.jpg
" />

Here is a list of everything that came in today. :)

Cigarfest 2007 humidor filled to the brim with 3 different types of cigars and a humidity regulator
1 box of 10 "Cuban Seed"  Spanish Heirloom cigars
1 bag of 5 assorted cigars
1 pouch of medical supplies for the Zombie apocalypse (Much needed after this bombing run)
1 pipe stand
1 pouch 2 bundles of pipe cleaners
1 oz Lancers Slices
1 oz HH Syrian
1.5 oz Red VA Supreme
Sample of Firedance Flake
almost an oz of Park Lane Paramour
almost an oz of 7 Seas Red
1 book - Webers guide to Pipes
1 tin of Holgen Danske Royal Navy Flake
1 tin McBaren's Navy Flake
generous samples of the following:
SG Commonwealth - 2011
HH Sweet and Savory - 2013
La Burmuese Semois - 2014
PS Balkan Supreme - 2013
Charlemane
HH Mature VA - 2010
1oz Ault Park
1oz Blue Chip
1oz Union Terminal
~ 3 oz Germain Medium Flake
~3 oz of HH VA Spice
1 tin Pipe Smokers Poker Deck playing cards
1 tin SG FVF
1 MM cob pipe
Healthy amount of Esoterica Stonehaven
King Salmon Jerky
Alaskan Sparkle Stickers
Pint jar of 5100 Red Cake
jar of Smoked Habanero Powder
C+D Old Joe Krantz
C+C Bayou Night
Bag of 5100 Red Cake
several oz of McC 2015 Va Flake w/ Perique
bottle of elmers Glitter Glue
pencils
Box of Crayons
Pencil Sharpener
Water color paint
Hello Kitty Metal Lunchbox

Honestly, though.  This is awesome, y'all.  I do appreciate all the wonderful surprises and gifts.  It is kinda hard to describe the feeling I have from being the recipient of this bombing run.

Edit: My son is a good sport. We jokingly told him that we would put him in a dress and make him our "daughter" for the picture. :twisted: :lol!: However, I wouldnt embarrass him that way. He did a good job acting for this photo, and wanted to play along. When he was done, he was laughing about it.

Ha congrats! That picture of your son is great, you guys did awesome.

I can't stop laughing at that picture.  Give your son a high five from me.

Lol. Yes. It was all in good fun. My wife likes hello kitty and was the happy recipient of the lunchbox. However, I claimed the wonderful array of baccys that came in it :)

d4klutz":s418uht9 said:
Lol.  Yes.  It was all in good fun.  My wife likes hello kitty and was the happy recipient of the lunchbox.  However, I claimed the wonderful array of baccys that came in it :)  
Does this mean I'm not going to get a shot at that lunchbox on the Trading Post? Guess I'll just have to learn to do without.