OH GOD, WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it looks like you just bought a dunhill pipe with a replacement stem. I would definately get rid of some of that cake in the bowl too. I hope it is a good smoker for you. I really love the shell pipes.

yeah, it was cheap, too cheap, what info i can find makes me think it is 1960-69, but i dont know, its a good thing pauls pipes is also a pipe hospital!

i dont think its a replacement stem, it has dunhill markings on the stem, im definitely reaming it out, im gonna try to stain the chipped parts with shoe stain, ill see how it comes out.

ok, it has a 0 with a line under it, i think it is from 1960, any help would be appreciated.

I have never seen a dunhill marking on a stem like that. All the ones I have just have the white dot. I hope you enjoy it. I enjoy mine.

I just looked it up on a site I had saved and I believe you are correct. From what I read it should be 1960 pipe. I don't have any that old. Wished I did. Enjoy my friend.

Looks like 1960 is a good bet. According to a chart I have, 1960 would be the last year for the underlined year markings. 1954 would be the last year the patent number was used, if my chart is correct.

heres some pics after i reamed it out a bit.

I smoked a bowl, it smoked pretty good. the stem airway was so small, a pipe cleaner would not fit down it, i drilled it out and it is much better now.

Anybody know what kind of stem this is?