Oh my poor car

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So driving along to work the other morning, I chine around a curve and an incoming car is way to the left of their lane. I served to avoid them and into the ditch I go. To make things worse there is a concrete culvert that catches the front passenger side BAM! Back on the road to make it safely to a gas station, steering is pretty shot and almost all my dash warning lights are on. Poor car is barely 3 years old :x . No injuries or other property damage so that is good. Plus I didn't even spill my pipe and it was quite a bumpy ride. Working with the insurance now to see the way ahead.

Good grief. I hope you're able to recover well, and that you're not hurt. Any chance of catching the person who caused you to swerve?

Isn't it funny that after such a calamity, we worry if our stuff is okay and how to proceed. When we maybe should be at least equally concerned about how we fared...

Glad you survived!

No air bag deployment?

No airbag deployment, dont know if the other car even realized, at least I'd hope to think that since they just kept going

Cripes. Sounds like you were lucky. I'm just pleased to learn you walked away from it. Good drills with your pipe BTW ;)

Any accident you can walk away from uninjured isn't a bad one despite the damage to the car. Cars can be repaired or replaced. That's what insurance is for.

Glad you weren't hurt Mr. Ruth.

Cheers,

RR

Good to hear you're alright and no one else was injured. I've been in 11 accidents and they're never fun. Take as many photos as you can and it's good to get multiple damage assessments for insurance purposes.

I’m glad to hear that you are okay.

4800 your right you could get another care for that amount!

History Prof 1861":cbe95ilm said:

Glad for insurance, $250 deductible. Will be about two weeks for the repairs

D.L.Ruth":pctk0e96 said:
History Prof 1861":pctk0e96 said:

Glad for insurance, $250 deductible. Will be about two weeks for the repairs
Good deal!

Nasty stuff, glad you’re safe sir. Sadly, there’s always an idiot out there ready to surprise you.

One of my favourite cartoons was of a man leaving his house with a big “Beware of the humans” sign on his way out.

Glad the insurance worked out for you.

Glad you're safe and sound!! I had the opportunity over the holidays to go driving with my nephew, who has a "learners permit" (making me the responsible adult :p :p ). As we pull out on the highway going into town, I point out all the traffic. "See all those cars & drivers on the road?" "Yes" he replies. "Don't trust a one of'em" :no: :no: :no: , I tell him!! Rule No. 1 of driving!!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Glad you are not hurt! Things can always be replaced. When we were dreaming about the one billion lottery everyone was talking about what they would do if they won. My answer was never drive again and just hire a driver. I hate driving, riding is ok and flying is for the birds.

GeoffC":40wt6tsv said:
Glad you are not hurt!  Things can always be replaced.   When we were dreaming about the one billion lottery everyone was talking about what they would do if they won.  My answer was never drive again and just hire a driver.   I hate driving, riding is ok and flying is for the birds.
Not all of us birds like flying, either. I'm of the same mind as you, that I'd hire a driver if I could. Maybe one day if my novels sell well.

Penguin":95j47a4r said:
GeoffC":95j47a4r said:
Glad you are not hurt!  Things can always be replaced.   When we were dreaming about the one billion lottery everyone was talking about what they would do if they won.  My answer was never drive again and just hire a driver.   I hate driving, riding is ok and flying is for the birds.
Not all of us birds like flying, either. I'm of the same mind as you, that I'd hire a driver if I could. Maybe one day if my novels sell well.
Nope I love driving and flying.

Glad to hear no injuries in your car accident. The time expended getting the insurance taken care of, obtaining rental car and return is a side burden for sure. Hope everything works out great for you.