oh the heartbreak! Pembroke from 1988

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster

Reaction score
This should have been great, nice resounding pop when opening the tin, smelled fragrant enough...

Taste is really flat and empty. The cognac didn't make it past the Clinton era, it seems! :sleep:

That is a disapointment! I took some Pembroke that had dried out and some other English blend and recharged them with a bit of Cognac. Less is more here and it took several months for it to soak in and dry out enough to be smokable, but in the end I had a good lat-(cog)nac blend.

the macdonald":gv8ev23x said:
That is a disapointment! I took some Pembroke that had dried out and some other English blend and recharged them with a bit of Cognac. Less is more here and it took several months for it to soak in and dry out enough to be smokable, but in the end I had a good lat-(cog)nac blend.
That's interesting. Never thought about rehydrating tobacco with spirits.

It worked out surprisingly well. I thought the liquor would dry it out after the moisture worked in, so I let it air out to let the alcohol evaporate. It actually got too wet and stayed that way for a few weeks. The jar I had it in wasn't perfectly air tight so over sometime it got to an ideal level.

The really nice part was that Pembroke is just topped Margete. Margete I found to be too muted for me so the same recipe with a more pronounce latakia spice with the sweet complexity of cognac worked better for me.

I've tried topping Pirate Kake with some Laphroig, didn't really taste it too much. I should try repeated treatments.

Buster":zufkn6ct said:
I've tried topping Pirate Kake with some Laphroig, didn't really taste it too much. I should try repeated treatments.
Every attempt to top tobacco with Laphroig has ended in failure for me

I just can't seem to get any past my mouth :lol!:

Lol! I'm so sorry to hear that.
I generously offer to take any and all in your posession off your hands for a small fee :drunken: