OK Kids! *Ranks Yea or Nay* ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allright guys...Thanks for all your input...

We've decided NOT to use a number of posts rank (like the Knox board uses)but have instead elected to award rank to certain contributing individuals.Only a few will be given out each month....

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

D.J. Perry":7xs9sb4x said:
Allright guys...Thanks for all your input...

We've decided NOT to use a number of posts rank (like the Knox board uses)but have instead elected to award rank to certain contributing individuals.Only a few will be given out each month....

Best,
Dock
:pipe:
That seems a lot better :cyclops: :sunny:

Yep, that sounds like the plan.

Another board that I visit does some fun things with their "rankings." For instance, there was one guy who was immensely fond of using "smilies" in all his posts. So his title was "minster of excessive use of emoticons."

Another guy let on that he had a fear of horses (!) after being thrown from one when he was a child. So, his rank was "our little pony."

Stuff like that...

Mike

I agree with do without ranks, I am sure we could dream up a monthly best post subject with a small reward??

peterwd":xtpsf5ss said:
I agree with do without ranks, I am sure we could dream up a monthly best post subject with a small reward??
I agree Peter, whom ever has the best post Dock will give them a free 8 oz. tin on GLP Cumberland, sounds fair to me!

What do you think Dock?!!! :lol:

Naw, Now that I gotta rank I'm all for them. :santa: It boosts my self esteem. A mod, a council member and a Rank....WOW

I'd like to thank all the little people that made this possible, my producer, my director, my fabulous co-star Mrs PB. Thank you Thank You all.

They like me, They really like me :geek:

Shame I feel the need to say this, But I am joking.

Can I go against the grain here? I think they should all be eliminated. Someone who doesn't get a "nickname" may feel slighted. I'd like mine to go away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pleez.

Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,A member can give himself ANY title and change it at will in the signature line.

tj,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all knowing, all wise, beautiful,,,,,,,,,,,,and loved by all,,,,,,,,,aka :clown: :king: !

Pb,,,,,,,,,,,you forgot to thank your hairdresser,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh yeah,,,,,,,,,,,,,not really necessary.

LOL.... Hey now,..... I still have some hair...Think better looking David Letterman and your close

Really I dont care either way... The only two I'd protest changing are Pease and J.

thomas james":a279so9o said:
I'd like mine to go away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pleez.
TJ, I think that is a good nick name that you have there! TJ THE ITALIAN STALLION!

I'd have to vote yay on this one,

because it gives the "community" more a familiar feeling. But it should be earned like nicknames are earned in the real world...by actions and stigmas.

But to call it a rank, i'm on the fence.

Well I'm new so I don't feel that I have a full share on the board yet, but I've smelled rank and wore it on my sleeve when I rode submarines, so nay for me.

regards,

I didn't realize it was an old post or I would not have added my 2 cents. Sorry.

regards,

No reason to be sorry, I think it's good to revisit stuff like this every once in a while.