OK Kids! *Ranks Yea or Nay* ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Allright Folks,

Some love em' and some hate em'. Of course I'm talking about board ranks.On Knox it was from "Private" to "Yoda" and everything in between.As far as I'm concened they're nothing but fun but some here DO feel differently.... For the record we already have one assigned to Greg Pease as our official "Dark Lord"....

It's time to put it to an official vote!

Ranks: Yea or Nay

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Makes no difference to me one way or another. If you like it, implement it.

Personally I like the idea we had originally, That is... To get a title you gotta earn it. And not by some arbitrary means such as post count. To me 4000 'Good Post Bro's' or 'I agree 100 %' post are not equal to one well thought out and meaningful post.

puros_bran":i57vmhkf said:
Personally I like the idea we had originally, That is... To get a title you gotta earn it. And not by some arbitrary means such as post count. To me 4000 'Good Post Bro's' or 'I agree 100 %' post are not equal to one well thought out and meaningful post.
:lol: I could'nt agree more :lol: ... We'll need to discuss this further...

Best,
Dock

My personal philosophy is that no one had a choice of entering this world, their skin color, their parents social standing, their looks etc. and in a hundred years no one will be able to distinguish anyone's dust from the another's...so temporary titles mean nothing to me. What's important to me is how well someone uses their given attributes and treats their fellow men and women.

Jim

I'll vote nay. PB's point is obvious about the "I agree" and similar posts. I don't know about how earning a title would work but you might have to guard against popularity rankings...unless that is the point.

showme

D.J. Perry":3q15t041 said:
puros_bran":3q15t041 said:
:lol: I could'nt agree more :lol: ... We'll need to discuss this further...
Hey, wait a minute. You sayin' I didn't EARN my Dark Lord title? You think I was born wif it? How many souls does a guy have to steal before he gets some well deserved fear and respect? ;)

You might be next. Watch your back.

-DL

Greg I don't know that you could get my soul, but you've damn sure took a chunk of the kids college fund. :D

Speaking of college funding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have a coffee mug from the college my injunear son grabuated from. It cost me $75,000. Peases mugs at $13.98 are a bargain.

Very true PB, but A pease mug means you can buy the tie yourself or whatever else you want for $13.98.

For my birthday, my injunear kid gave me a new Dunhill Ring Grain group 5 straight billy with saddle bit. I'm still loosing money,,,,,,,,,,,,,huh?

I have several Pease mugs coming. One will be placed on my desk (39.99 fold up Wal Mart table). In it, I will store my crayons,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the broken ones with paper wrappers removed.

thomas james":vjywmn6s said:
For my birthday, my injunear kid gave me a new Dunhill Ring Grain group 5 straight billy with saddle bit. I'm still loosing money,,,,,,,,,,,,,huh?

I have several Pease mugs coming. One will be placed on my desk (39.99 fold up Wal Mart table). In it, I will store my crayons,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the broken ones with paper wrappers removed.
GLP takes note: Send TJ a new box of 64 Crayolas for Christmas...

If and when the ranking begins, you should get one, two, three, or four Pease mugs under your name. After four mugs you will acquire wonderful titles such as "Keeper of All Knowledge and Wisdom", etc.

Let the games begin . . . . . ;)

In all honesty with regards to ranking, I would keep the ranking fun and light hearted if it is done at all. When I worked for Hewlett Packard, each catagory of employee was "ranked" to show his/her value to the company. All that really did was cause people to look at each other in a suspicious and unproductive way once they learned what the other guy/girl was ranked. I know that is not what was intended. It's just human nature.

Keep it fun if you do it at all. Just my 2 cents. :pipe:

Tin Man you brought up a part of human nature I've never fully grasped...

A fellow worker,neighbor,friend,family member,just whatever is granted recognition or reward and instead of rejoicing with them and for them we often start tearing them down anyway possible. Doesn't make a whole lotta sense huh.. I guess that behavior is caused by jealousy...

You ever tear down PDiddy when he gets a new multi kabillion dollar pipe? If so you could really torture him and swipe it and send it to me fer safe keeping :lol:

tin man":uim2ge12 said:
In all honesty with regards to ranking, I would keep the ranking fun and light hearted if it is done at all. When I worked for Hewlett Packard, each catagory of employee was "ranked" to show his/her value to the company. All that really did was cause people to look at each other in a suspicious and unproductive way once they learned what the other guy/girl was ranked. I know that is not what was intended. It's just human nature.

Keep it fun if you do it at all. Just my 2 cents. :pipe:
According to the famous song by the O'Jays:

(What they do)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place
The back stabbers (back stabbers)
The back stabbers (back stabbers)

(What they do)
The back stabbers
(Back stabbers)
Low down, dirty

I am also against it!! It seems to make people do things that they wouldn't normaly do. They would do things just to get rank instead of doing because its the right thing to do :cyclops: :sunny: