Ok, you asked for it!........John Middleton's WALNUT

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stormcrow":o8jxm1cd said:
I have smoked enough Walnut now to know I'm digging it.

Burns cool and dry. Smooth, nutty, semi-sweet with just enough Latakia.

:pipe:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Carlos":pvdzdvqa said:
Something I have been wanting to ask, is Walnut still being made? I haven't seen any in the stores in some time.
Carlos,

None of the grocery stores or drug stores carry it around here anymore but some of the high end B&Ms are starting to carry it because of the demand. It is still being blended by John Middleton but they were very recently bought out by Altria. Who knows whats going to happen to it? Altria claims on their corporate website that there are no plans to change anything at Middleton but only time will tell.

There are many places on the net you can order it. http://www.wvsmokeshop.com seems to have the best price on it and that is where I have been getting it.

I didnt mean the retailers, I ment our fellow smokers, I drink one type of soda, one brand of coffee, smoke one brand of cigs (still workin on it, its a slow process). Chances are if I had never been 'shown' that I need to try 52 diff blends a year I would have settled on one blend. I'm not saying its a bad thing, and I am glad I've experiaced what I have. I just get amused when we point to a single/limited blend guy and think hes the odd ball..

puros_bran":ye5rz2bh said:
I just realized Walnut cost the same as my Stokkebye Navy Flake.
The price has definitely gone up between the popularity it has gained and the taxes that have been levied.

Justpipes":h1qoapny said:
Carlos":h1qoapny said:
Something I have been wanting to ask, is Walnut still being made? I haven't seen any in the stores in some time.
It is still being blended by John Middleton but they were very recently bought out by Altria. Who knows whats going to happen to it? Altria claims on their corporate website that there are no plans to change anything at Middleton but only time will tell.
So true, that is why I picked up 3 more tubs of it today...just in case. :pipe:

Stormcrow":4f4rgnmj said:
Justpipes":4f4rgnmj said:
Carlos":4f4rgnmj said:
It is still being blended by John Middleton but they were very recently bought out by Altria. Who knows whats going to happen to it? Altria claims on their corporate website that there are no plans to change anything at Middleton but only time will tell.
So true, that is why I picked up 3 more tubs of it today...just in case. :pipe:
I here ya Storm! I calculated my stash and I have approximately 5 lbs. put back so far and I will be purchasing more every chance I get.

Wife is starting to complain about all the Walnut tubs crowding her spare closet........ :lol: I told her that I was going to have to go through my other celler to make room for more. You can imagine the look on her face when I told her that. She just doesn't understand the probable consequences of a corporate buy out in the tobacco industry. :x :lol:

"...Wife is starting to complain about all the Walnut tubs crowding her spare closet........ I told her that I was going to have to go through my other celler to make room for more. You can imagine the look on her face when I told her that. She just doesn't understand the probable consequences of a corporate buy out in the tobacco industry.

I use the same excuse but it doesn't quite work as well anymore. Unfortunately, SheWhoSpeaksLoudly was home when the last shipment came in from JRs with 3 Walnut and 4 ERRd. Too much 'splainin' to do, and her ears are quite deaf to logic.

Yes Bob, we men are unable to win a debate with women because we have a need to use logic and make sense. :D

Well, I guess I will pick up a tub or two on my next trip to JR's.

Storm and Bob, as to the women and logic... I run my house...isn't that right honey??

:D :oops:

OK,
I just tried a sample of this Walnut blend. I got it from, you guessed it, Justpipes! A mighty fine gentleman. Thank you sir!

Anyway, I lit up a bowl and couldn't put it down! A fine smoke with lots of flavor and my wife even liked the way the smoke noted the room! That's always a bonus!

A great smoke that I will have to add to my rotation. :cheers:

Thnaks again!

Lucky

luckydogguy":23rv7fh8 said:
OK,
I just tried a sample of this Walnut blend. I got it from, you guessed it, Justpipes! A mighty fine gentleman. Thank you sir!

Anyway, I lit up a bowl and couldn't put it down! A fine smoke with lots of flavor and my wife even liked the way the smoke noted the room! That's always a bonus!

A great smoke that I will have to add to my rotation. :cheers:

Thnaks again!

Lucky
:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

The only reason I don't smoke Walnut more often is that I have to mail order it. If it was as available as Carter Hall, or Prince Albert, it would get more action in my pipes. As I have to mail order almost all of my tobacco, I spend a bit more to get what I want...

Jeff T.

I'm new here; so I'm reading through this post and decide I have to try some Walnut - after all, it's only $14.50 on JRs website. There's a JR's shop 5 minutes from where I work in Southfield, MI. At the store it's $19.50. That's 34% more than the online price! :scratch: Has it gone up that much since January?? Out of principle, I put it back.

SopwithCamel":rdk3ctye said:
The only reason I don't smoke Walnut more often is that I have to mail order it. If it was as available as Carter Hall, or Prince Albert, it would get more action in my pipes. As I have to mail order almost all of my tobacco, I spend a bit more to get what I want...

Jeff T.
I have the same thing going on here. The only tobaccos of this sort (I like to refer to them as "codger burleys") that I can get locally are Prince Albert, Half & Half, and Carter Hall. Of those three PA and H&H are the only two I smoke.

Does the aroma of Walnut cause women to flock around you?

Winslow

Winslow":wnsszhpp said:
Does the aroma of Walnut cause women to flock around you?

Winslow
Like deer to a salt lick. I can only attest that lighting each bowl of Walnut further solidifies my reputation as the "Croatian Casanova". :oops: