Okay, what's wrong with this pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're refering to the top of the stummel, its colour?

Yea, it's fairly dark. It could be nothing, just the actual colour; or something fishy.

Either way, it's hard to say as there is only 1 pic of it.

Guyrox":cmc08k32 said:
You're refering to the top of the stummel, its colour?

Yea, it's fairly dark. It could be nothing, just the actual colour; or something fishy.

Either way, it's hard to say as there is only 1 pic of it.
I was more referring to the stamping, wrong. Logo, wrong. Should say business, as it's a large pipe should say KS, ect...

Ah....

Well, I can't say, I do not own any Ascorti and don't know much about the brand, either.

It's an Ascorti pipe. The stamping is, of course, not what one is used to seeing, but there are other Ascortis out there sold there are like this one, as is evidenced above. The logo is blurry, but it looks fine from what I can tell. Business, king size pipes don't always have the business/KS nomenclature. Why, I don't know. The blackened part at the top has to be stain, unless someone took a blowtorch and lit the thing up. It's most likely an estate, but a fair priced one IMO.

Understand that faking a used 80 dollar pipe is not really profitable.

Ascorti and Caminetto have both used that darkened top on a million pipes, not sure why, I never liked it much myself. But it's not rare at all.

So that looks perfectly legit and perfectly sound to me.

Sasquatch":gqtvvyuy said:
Understand that faking a used 80 dollar pipe is not really profitable.  

Ascorti and Caminetto have both used that darkened top on a million pipes, not sure why, I never liked it much myself.  But it's not rare at all.  

So that looks perfectly legit and perfectly sound to me.  
Squatch siting!

LOL yeah I have been none too active on this or many other boards. Real life getting in the way of talking about smoking pipes you know? :x

Sasquatch":jjes9482 said:
LOL  yeah I have been none too active on this or many other boards.   Real life getting in the way of talking about smoking pipes you know?  :x
Real life isn't pipes? Man, I'm doing it wrong!

I keed. Understand completely. I'm back in Africa in a week so I'll be on a hiatus most likely.