Old Domestic

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
I just got two 8 oz cans of this. I don't know anything about it. Amish tobacco. The tins are very, very rusty, but intact. I didn't open them, but I suspect the type of can is not good enough to prevent the tobacco from drying. I think the tins are of poor quality, therefore I don't know if the rust is a result of them being old or just them being poorly made.

I need opinions about the tobacco: if it is good, I'll smoke it now; if not, I may just put them in the cellar and forget about them for a while. Does anyone know anything about this blend?

Not sure about the blends, but I would probably get the tobacco out of the rusty tins and into some jars before putting it away.

WD...Never heard of it!! But I agree with The Jeep Man...get'em in a glass jar; hydrate very carefully if needed. :cheers: :pipe: FTRPLT

BTW, what type of tobacco is "Old Domestic?" :?:

Description from the tin:

"Choice Pennsylvania tobacco grown in Lancaster County by the Amish Farmers, carefully blended with the Finest Imported and Domesti tobacco.

Using a perfect balance of Full bodied tobacco with light Virginia and cool smoking burleys to give you a pipe tobacco with smooth taste and excellent Smokability."

Distributed by The Domestic Tobacco Company, 221 East Chestnut Street, Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17604.

The 8 oz tin is yellow with black lettering and it has a twist top.