old friends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
i was sitting here its raining 50 degrees and im haveing a pipe out side at 1:47 at night cant sleep. im sitting here thinking about loved ones lost think shoukd could now dream of saying pages where ripped out of the book eather to soon or there is a crack in tge frame and memories are becoming foggy sad really. just a raniny dreary night.

Arky, loved ones that are no longer with us and hopefully in a better place will always be in your heart. Just keep them near and dear to you, remember all the good times while sitting back enjoying a pipe while contemplating.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I know that feeling well. Had a similar evening thinking about my Dad and others who are gone now. Peace, brother.

I feel you there Arky. Nothing wrong with reliving good memories of loved ones that have passed on, it's how we heal the heart ache we have.

You know Arky, being able to 'connect' with my 'Pa', my granddad on my mum's side, is one the main reasons I took up the briar.  I have very fond memories of growing up around Pa and much of that time he was sipping on a pipe.  It was part of his identity.  

I only smoke a pipe when I have time to completely dedicate to the occasion and when there'll be no distractions.  Inevitably during my smokes my mind wanders and I reflect, and so Pa is never far from my thoughts.

Enjoy and celebrate those moments Arky.

Arky, without going into personal details I lost the closest person in my life back in 1980. There has not been a day since that this person has not been on my mind. Just sit back and reflect on the fond memories in your past. It will give you a wonderful warm feeling within your mind and body, may even bring tears to your eyes. But it's comforting to know one day you'll meet again.

One never forgets a special person from their past

Sometimes when I find myself missing my Dad, I realize that I am long overdue to call my Mom or my Brother Jim.

So I will call one or the other or both, and I don't feel my Dad nearly so far away from me anymore.

Of course, this doesn't work for everyone we are missing ... but it doesn't hurt either ... reconnecting with others we haven't seen in awhile.