Old habits

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roogles

Reaction score
Over the Easter weekend, I had the opportunity to hang out with some extended family including my father and grandfather (Dad & Papaw respectively).

It is known in the family that I'm a pipe smoker, although I don't often smoke around the family. Of my Papaw's 12 siblings, three of his brothers are or were pipe smokers.
I've posted before about receiving pipes, lighters, and other pipe related stuff from one of my great uncles after he passed away.

We were sitting around on Sunday afternoon, when Papaw's face light up as though he remembered something and he said "Hey, I made you something! It's in the truck!"

He came back with brown paper lunch sack. He had written on the outside of it "Old habits are hard to break"

Inside he had framed a 5x7 photo of me, taken when I was about two years old - standing on the patio outside of one my great uncle's houses.

The photo was old, faded, and pretty out of focus - but still caused a big chuckle as we passed it around.

oldhabits.jpg

None of us could remember who's pipe it was, probably one of my great uncles.

I took the framed photo home and hung it on the wall next to my pipe rack.

Old habits indeed. :)

A man with real PROOF that he can't help himself :p Looks like you have PROOF of your "lmprinting" of this habit, consider yourself lucky :p

Roogles, you've had a lot of great posts about pipe history in your family, and it's really cool you share that here. :)

Had a good laugh with that one--you obvioiusly have some good family--and some good taste!!! May you pipe forever. 8)

George

I believe that is some Kessler some super smmmooooottth KY wiskey so you had good taste even as a youth.
Lol. That kinda makes me want to drink some Kessler right now.

Steve

Next someone's gonna show a pic of himself nursing on his mommas chi chi :lol: Old habits are hard to break!

Seriously though, cool pic Roogles. Definitely belongs framed up next to the pipe rack 8)