old Stanwell Danish Sovereign pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmansmokingpipe

Reaction score
anyone have any clues as to the date period of these Danish made pipes? 60's? 70's? 80's?

I heard that the new stanwells are made in England or Italy.

This is clearly danish made. Pipepedia has no info.

Reason - recently picked up an estate for $60. It smokes better than many of the $400-$500 custom made pipes i have. Damn thing smokes fantastic! Could kick myself in the old arse for wasting $ on the better pipes.

as an aside - I have at least half of the estates i have bought turn out to smoke like a dog. Despite the beauty of them. I learned too late and rightfully assume many of the estates are someone else's problems. They sold the to get some $ back even at a loss and the resellers are making the bucks.

anyway - just curious as to any info on this series of pipes and also any one else's comments on their respective pipes from this series.

Thanks.

oldmansmokingpipe":wcdn2fjv said:
i know they are 2nds for the US market.
This is my understanding of the brand as well. You'll likely find a few flaws in the briar, but the drilling in the Danish Sovereigns is usually good, in my experience. I've cleaned up a couple so far, and currently have a few more waiting for me to find time.

Good pipes at a very reasonable price, imho.

Thanks for the comment.

off topic: I grew up on Ontario way outside or port colborne - on the lake. hung out for years in Toronto!