Olivewood Anemone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kyle. I call it...Clunky Chic.

I think that the spiral 'fins' will be good for heat radiation. I will say that it was 'interesting' to lay it out on the strummel blank. And it's still uneven in two places.

When I was 98% done with the top its design was very different, then a little teensy piece broke out and I had to totally redesign it, into its present form. I got some great practice with my 'French' at that point. It was like finding a huge void in a chunk of Briar just prior to starting to sand the top of the bowl.

great job on this pipe... love the top of the bowl... absolutely love it... !!!!!!!

That's a helluva pipe sir! Nice job! :D 

I onceowned an olivewood pipe, just a little cheapo beater, but it smoked good and was enjoyable.

DSCN2118_zps40500c20.jpg

This pic almost looks like a hand holding the bowl. Complete with fingers and fingernails!

Very unique Dave. Well done!

Cheers,

RR

OK - I said I would so here it is...three pics of the Double Dagger project...midstream.

This will give you a good idea of the overall layout of the knife (even though the guard has been changed at this time)...the carving on the handles (again the wood is Double Dyed Stabilized Copper and Green Box Elder Burl)...and the double knife scabbard (well, maybe just a little idea on that).

Note: these were taken in my shop in June and the lighting is overhead fluorescent and spot Daylight Incandescent - so the colors are going to be skewed way toward the yellow/green look of the fluorescent.

Must be the weather--everyone's getting super out-there with pipe design lately--I just saw the Rev's space-inspired number.

Uber, you gonna do something truly funky now? :challenge:

Good stuff.

8)

Oh fine. So flower/cupcake pipes aren't 'out there' far enough.

Reader Poll:

What do we have to do...make ones that look like:

1. a Smurph
2. a Tyrannosaurus Rex
3. nine lords a' leaping
4. Keith Richards' liver
5. a classic 'slant six' car engine
6. a Tyrannosaurus Rex eating Keith Richards
7. add your own option here

My choice would be Keith Richards' liver...that would be a sight!

Kyle Weiss":bu12h2xv said:
Must be the weather--everyone's getting super out-there with pipe design lately--I just saw the Rev's space-inspired number.

Uber, you gonna do something truly funky now?  :challenge:

Good stuff.

8)
For my next trick, a pipe shaped like a pipe! :twisted: 

I don't get over to this section of the forum as often as I should, but I am glad I did.

Excellent work, and a great looking pipe.

Dave, that is one fantastic olivewood! I am usually not a fan of poker shaped pipes, but the gorgeous carving on that one certainly gets my attention.

Congrats on such an outstanding effort! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Is there no end to your talents? That pipe is awesome.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

AJ