Omni flex nib on a new Conklin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I seen the new Conklin duragraph in turquoise the other day. I am really liking the color of that pen. It comes in 5 different #6 bock nib sizes. From what I’ve seen of sample writing with that nib, I really like the looks of the line weights. I’ve read mixed reviews on it though. It’s really a love or hate it kind of nib. Has anyone else had any dealings with the Omni flex? What are your thoughts on it? And if you don’t like it, what would be you go to bock Nixon a Conklin pen?

The Omniflex nib is both loved and hated. I’d start out with a Noodler Ahab or Conrad to start with in a flex nib. I have several of each and particularly like the ebonite Konrad. I have a Conklin Omniflex and find it no better or worse than the Noodler flex nib. But nibs vary.

I think someone starting out would be very well served by investing in a stub nib of 1.1mm to 1.5mm width. The stub is wide enough to give great line variation but smooth ground one the leading nib edges to provide a smooth writing feel. I think the flex is harder to get used to...but again, I’m lazy.

Thanks blackhorse, I think I have talked myself out of one right now. My wife has been asking for something a little wider than the lamy med she “borrowed” from me a couple months ago. So I pretty much have the go ahead for something with a stub nib.

It’s not like I really have to ask permission to buy something, but if too much stuff shows up too close together. I get asked where’d I get the extra money or we could have paid extra on the doctor bills.

I’m really liking the Conklin duragragh with med nib right now. It’s pretty darn smooth. So I may need to see if I can find one with a stub,