On Contests, Solidarity, and Lots of Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapnismologist

Reaction score
So, today I received my prize for correctly deducing the answer to the "odd contest" question which Natch ran a while back (see here: www.brothersofbriar.com/t13935-another-odd-contest-anyone), and I could not be more overwhelmed with the box of goodies which constituted the prize. In addition to 26 carefully bagged and labeled samples from a diversity of marques, including Peretti’s, Gawith & Hoggarth, Samuel Gawith, John Patton, McClelland, IRC, Rattray’s, and others, a GLP and two McClelland tins (one of which was Christmas Cheer 2006 none-the-less!) made their way into the box. Needless to say, I am going to be quite busy working my way through all these samples. As the younger set might say, major props to Natch.

Busy as things are at the moment I will try, over the next month (or longer), to post short impressions of the various samples included in the box. This, for the benefit of all who may be interested in trying a particular blend, or as a way of starting discussions regarding their merits or demerits by those who are more familiar with the blend in question than I may be.

The series will be called the "Great Larder Tour 2011."

Hey Kap, Natch definitely knows how to throw together a "sampler". They're more like a portable, mail-borne cellar!

Enjoy! :cheers: :cheers:

Very cool! I'm looking forward to reading your notes on all those samples!

BoB has blown me away with all it's generous members... A great forum to be apart of that's for sure! :cheers: