On the move

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't been around much this past week because I'm in a rush to move. The past two years I've been back and forth between Arizona and Indiana (mostly been in Indiana) helping my Son out with my Granddaughter who has just turned three. She has had some health and physical issues (which apparently my genes have passed down through my Son) that have required at least seven surgeries and numerous castings at either Shriners hospital in Philadelphia or Payton Manning Children's hospital in Indianapolis. I can't say enough or give praise enough to these two establishments. Especially the Shriners organization and what they do for kids. I myself as a kid about 55 years ago had surgery on my left foot at Shriners hospital in Miami.
Anyway to get back to my story, I asked my wife to check with a local realtor who has been selling homes in our gated community to see what our house is worth and how long they have been on the market. Two days later I get a call from the realtor telling me she has a cash offer for the house. I had to rush home and am in the process of packing everything up and making arrangements for a move. I have to be out by the 17th of June.
My Son is on four acres and the game plan is to build a thirty by sixty shop and attach a Mother in Law appartment with the proceeds of the sale as my house here in Arizona is bought and paid for. At least thats the plan unless I stroke out from the stress or physical labor. LOL. Wish me luck.

Wow! Lots happening quickly Mike. Yes, homes here in the greater Phoenix area are selling quickly and above market prices. Good to know you're taking advantage of this, including and especially since your new world seems to be in Indiana.

Cheers,

RR

Sorry to see you go Mike. You do realize you will probably be replaced by some left wing yuppie from CA? Lol. Hope that all works out well for you and certainly understand the motivation to relocate. If you find a spare moment in all the rush or you're going anywhere near Prescott in your travels you are welcome to stop in, share a bowl, and relax a bit.