One of those days

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger107

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Started out fine this am. Had a nice smoke while wife walked the pups. Not really pups since they are 12 and 13 respectively but they are little and cute so we call them that. Anyway. Had lunch with some retired ranger buds at a local Mexican joint. Enchiladas were just so so. Start of the downhill slide. Shoulda had a margarita, but figured noon was a bit early to start imbibing. Yesterday I sent messages inquiring about a couple of horses. When I got home called on the one closest to me in Sedona. A nice looking all white Azteca gelding. Lady said it had already been sold. At 3500 I wasn't surprised. Then I called on the one down in Elgin, 4 hour drive from here. A gorgeous steel gray Tennessee Walker. $6200 which was a fair price for a horse with his training and blood line. Owner said yesterday another younger horse kicked him and chipped a bone in his hind quarter and he was off the market for a month while he heals up and there are 4 people ahead of me in line. So figured I would get some things done around the house. Decided to install the new parking brake handle on my truck that I bought back before my surgery. $48 for a freaking plastic cover. What a PITA. Who the hell designs this crap. While upside down under the dash tweaked my back. Got er done but now walking around with a back ache. Then decided to work on the pipe rack I'm building. A copy of one I saw on Amazon for$90. Had already cut the wood ,poplar, on a table saw. Drilled the holes for the bottom rest which was a pain. But good so far. Then went to cut the notches with my newly purchased jig saw and the damn blade won't stay in. Every time I started to cut the blade flew out. Guess it's back to harbor freight tomorrow for a replacement. Finally gave up, packed a Don Carlos with Dun 965 and trying to wind down. Hope tomorrow is better, ,lol.