Only cuz I can't!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
I do have to admit that I find it kind of amusing when these board guys see a pipe they like on EBay and tell the world about it while the auction is still live. I mean, if you really want it, keep it to yourself so you can avoid (A) finding yourself in a bidding war with friends (B) losing it to someone you know and you can't bitch because, after all, you opened your mouth to the world (C) paying too much because a few board comrades ran the price up hoping you'd found them a bargain. Not to be an ass, not that I don't want to share, it just doesn't seem prudent, you know?

Look!!: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170196735058&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

This is a damned fine pipe!! An old Caminetto signed by Radice and Ascorti, and unsmoked!! :shock:

You see, I'm broke :lol: Ain't no way in hell I'm buyin that pipe, even if it stays at the opening price. Fuggedaboutit!! I most certainly would be buying that specific jewel were it not for the little roadblocks in life that do pop up from time to time (nothing major, just raising kids - you know, you been there) but alas, tis not to be so. I can't bitch, I've won a few gems in my time, got some deals too! So here you go my friends, a gem within reach, a brass ring on the EBay carousel that will go by you just once. Grab it!!

:afro:

It finished up at $232.00! That seems a bit high to me, but it was a clean pipe w/ the orginal box & sock...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

I can see why someone might tell the world. If it's possible the bid will go high enough, eBay changes the users so no one can tell who is who. But it you pay attention to the early bids, you can figure out some of them. But it also lets their buddies know and maybe they will not bid against them.