Opened my first tin of Balkan Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetlejazz

Reaction score
Ok, at this point opening every tin is a huge occasion for me. :D So, today, after visiting the local tobacconist's (always a pleasure!) I opened the Balkan Flake tin. Goddamn this stuff had a delicious yet absolutely daunting smell! Well, after some rubbing and drying I went on my balcony and ahhh, it was lovely! What an absolutely comfortable thing to smoke. A long time passed. I figured that unlike the Best Brown flake, who is obviously the strong silent type (perfect for writing - doesn't abandom me but waits patiently in the bowl when I get carried away), this is what I will love to smoke while watching the pale, swollen autumn moon drag itself through the sky like an aged lecher.

A post-smoking pic:

2hqz5g2.jpg

Thanks Rob, I am loving it at the moment.

Also had my best flake experience so far today with BF. Something just went "click" in my head and I folded the flake a bit differently, resulting in a totally trouble-fee smoke with only 1 relight, no considerable heating of the pipe and just lovely tasty slow burning until a pile of pale ash. What did I do wronge before?! I love flakes! :cheers:

ZOMFG, THIS IS LIKE MY FAVORITE ALL-TIME TOBACCO EVER!

OK, more seriously, it is. When I finished my first tin, I went and bought a dozen more tins from smokingpipes.com because it IS so good. It's a full-flavored smoke, but overwhelming as, say, Commodore Flake is.

I even bought a Caminetti bulldog pipe to smoke it in because all my other pipes didn't do the flake as well.

You're going to have a lot of good times with this tobacco. If not, send the tins here; I'll take them gladly.

:D