Operation: Capricious Destiny

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As one of the Golden Turkeys of the squadron, when I think about the two guys who won the pipes, I'm very glad for them.

If the fish were in a barrel, I'd still miss them. :lol:

Congrats to Mr Harris!!!

Greyson - thank you again for setting this up. Thanks to all the winners and thank you especially the prize donors!!!

Congrats Todd!

Thanks to all the bobcats for keeping this fun.

Greyson a big thank you for all the time and effort you put into this.

And once again, thank you to all the folks who supplied prizes.

This was a great time and hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

Greyson, thanks for setting this up. It has been a lot of fun.

I was afraid I was going to with the prize for most hits without actually winning anything. :D

Todd

A successful run of missions, BoBcat squadron! All targets destroyed, and general havoc over the target area!
Congratulations to the successful pilots!!
And many thanks to the mission planner!

Greyson, mi amigo, this event has been totally stellar. The concept, the design, the follow-through...all have been brilliant! From my perspective, having had lots of good ideas pop up around me, it's the application that makes the difference (ideas being pointless unless they are implemented). And this, again, has been so very well presented...you have not only my thanks but my respect and admiration as well. Good show.

And to TA...winner of the second 2012 BoB Tinsky POY...you lucky dog! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

El Numero Uno Golden Turkey Reprorting....a little late. Congratulations to all the winners. Aren't you glad I was around to help get all the empty spots out of the way!! Good works guys. Greyson, thanks for putting this together. I had a blast. And a special thank you to everyone who donated prizes.

Greyson":qt9k4c6u said:

FREQUENT FLIER AWARD
75515150.jpg

The frequent flier award is given to the pilot who was redirected most often in the campaign. Although Dave in Philly was close, this award has to go to Roogles, for having a catastrophic day in which he was redirected on every single one of his targets.​
This is perfect... Not only did I not hit a thing, but I never even managed to hit where I was aiming.

Fantastic Event Greyson!

Thanks so much for putting it together!

We, the Golden Turkey target removal service, would like to see pictures of the loot you target hitting birds acquired.

gravel":k5y8x34n said:
We, the Golden Turkey target removal service, would like to see pictures of the loot you target hitting birds acquired.
I have no idea what I may have acquired, or when I shall acquire it, but will be sure to let you know when I do!

Folks, Capicrious has made her way to my home! On my birthday no less! :cheers:

Pictures will be up later, right now I am getting ready to christen her with some Stonehaven.

Sorry for not responding guys, I've been under the weather the last couple of days.

Thank you all for your kind words, I hope that the operation was enjoyable for everyone, regardless who won.

@scotties22 Oh dear, I didn't expect the golden turkeys to derive such perverse pleasure from their 'award'. I should have anticipated it from you nut-jobs though... perhaps I should have made it some huge sig-unfriendly picture :)

@roogles Glad you like your special award brother... I knew as soon as I saw that picture it was a perfect description of your 'award'.

gravel":ske0jjnb said:
Actually I was going to ask the winners if they would mind posting pictures of the pipes of the year, but forgot all about it, thanks for reminding me. If its possible winners, can we see the ill gotten gains? Might be nice to see what people got with the gift certificates too... but I'm sure nobody cares about the small handmade English clay pipes donated by some cheap SOB though...

DrT999":ske0jjnb said:
I have no idea what I may have acquired, or when I shall acquire it, but will be sure to let you know when I do!
DrT, Rob in Mo, Fishfuzz and MisterE all got kills on the 3 square targets, which were the easiest to find and therefore linked to the smaller prizes. DrT, you have all won a small traditional clay pipe from England, more of a historical curiosity than a smoking pipe though I think. Rob is helping me send them out and I think he said he might have time to send them on Wednesday, if so they should be with you soon.

tech2576":ske0jjnb said:
Folks, Destiny has made her way to my home! On my birthday no less! :cheers:

Pictures will be up later, right now I am getting ready to christen her with some Stonehaven.
Wait wait wait... I feel a migraine coming back... The black and tan was capricious, not destiny, you won the B&T. That's the one you got right? Never mind, I see your pipe listing includes a B&T now, so yeah it should be the right one. :) Also happy birthday!

You are correct Greyson! :oops:
I will fix that and pics are on the way!

Thank you so much for the time and effort to do this!

No problem Brother, I just got into a small panic there. You know that feeling you get when you know you know you were supposed to have done something or forgotten to do something but cant remember what? I was getting that. So, the pipes went to the right people, whew (meanwhile the oven I left on earlier sets fire to the house).

Here ya go!

I will get some better shots this weekend.

This thing smokes like a dream. Anyone on the fence about getting one of Marks pipes needs to jump on this!

:drool: That's gotta be one of the nicest looking pipes I've ever seen. Congrats!