Operation: Capricious Destiny

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greyson":rgek5hxm said:
I got word that Todd received his pipe too, hopefully we might be seeing his prize on display soon!
Sorry guys and gals I have been crazy busy lately between work and planning my son's Eagle Scout Cort of Honor.

The Court of Honor went off without a hitch yesterday and my wife has finally come down from her manic panic. :bounce:

Anyway, I finally got around to taking some pictures of Destiny yesterday. She is even more beautiful in person. Thank you Greyson for putting this on.

222216.jpg

222233.jpg

222112.jpg
222300.jpg

222739.jpg

Note: I'm not a good enough photographer to capture the bulls-eye on the rim.

A beautiful pipe and a true work of art.

Thanks again,

Todd

taharris":e4sjn9ob said:
Greyson":e4sjn9ob said:
I got word that Todd received his pipe too, hopefully we might be seeing his prize on display soon!
Sorry guys and gals I have been crazy busy lately between work and planning my son's Eagle Scout Cort of Honor.

The Court of Honor went off without a hitch yesterday and my wife has finally come down from her manic panic. :bounce:

Anyway, I finally got around to taking some pictures of Destiny yesterday. She is even more beautiful in person. Thank you Greyson for putting this on.

222216.jpg

222233.jpg

222112.jpg
222300.jpg

222739.jpg

Note: I'm not a good enough photographer to capture the bulls-eye on the rim.

A beautiful pipe and a true work of art.

Thanks again,

Todd
Gorgeous Pipe! Congrats Todd.

Congrats to your son on his ceremony and making Eagle Scout!! You must be very proud.

Simple Man":1w9aa3vj said:
Such a beautiful pipe. I'm going to have to get a Tinsky pipe sometime!
Do it, you won't be sorry!
Mine smokes fantastic.

Congrats Todd!
If Destiny smokes as well as Capricious, you are gonna love it.

The English clay pipe I won in action. Sorry I look angry in the photos; guess it's difficult to look happy, smoke a pipe, and take photos all at the same time!

E-Clay02.jpg

E-Clay01.jpg

The 'black band' is a rubber mouth protector I placed on the stem (mouthpiece part of the stem is too small to put it there) in case it got too hot. Since I only tried it out with a 1/3 of a bowl, it didn't. Smoked v. nicely.

I don;t think I've ever seen a clay like that one...very cool! I really like it, whereas the little clays that look like a beehive shape with the long stem have never really done it for me.

I think one might be accurate if they called one like that a "sporting clay". (little homage to the shooting sports there)

tech2576":xy6pide5 said:
Very cool looking clay DrT! Congrats!

p.s. Lighten up! :lol:
I'm really not that grim!:face:

Greyson: thanks for donating it! (I presume you did, anyway)