Organization Question

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idbowman

Reaction score
For this with cellars that they'very built up over time: how do you keep your stash organized? I've been organizing based on blender or theme (theme meaning, for example, all of the Christmas Cheers, Pipe Club Blends, show blends, etc that I bought an extra tin of solely to keep as part of a collection).

Is it more practical to organize by blend type? By age? I dunno...I get a little bug from time to time and think it might be fun to reorganize everything. I track my cellar online, so I'may not worried about what makes it easy to keep inventory...just (over)thinking the day-to-day practicality of the thing

What do you guys do?

I'm terrible at this task. Have stuff all over the house in various places - on bookshelves, in the closet, under the bed, etc. Very difficult to find something I know I've bought but cannot find!

One of these days I'll get a round tuit and do a reorg. But how is the salient point!

:?:

Cheers,

RR

I keep an Excel spreadsheet of my holdings, but they are all just jarred up in the closet in no particular order. If I'm looking for a jar of something specific, I often have to go a few boxes deep to find it. I should probably come up with a better (or a system, period).

I stuff it all into a dedicated closet. What's what and what pile it's under I leave to the workings of the hard drive situated atop my shoulders. If I ever lose my head I'm going to be in big trouble.

I organize my tobacco by the maker/blender and the oldest dates in the front. Same with my bulks, nothing more to me is necessary. It's stacked in draws or on shelves neatly. I also keep a list of stock near by.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thats part of the fun. It's like Christmas morning find lost tins.

I usually keep the ones I like the most at eye level on my shelves. The ones I don't care for or don't smoke so much are on the lower shelves. And, the newest ones are on the top shelves.

I also like to copy the tin label and then cut it out and paste it to my jars. If the tobacco comes in bulk, I usually try to peel off the label on the baggie and put it on the jars. If the labels don't come off, I just use a piece of green Frog tape for the label on the jars. I also put the date I purchased the tobacco on the label and put a note on the back of the jars of which blends are in the mix.

Corncobcon, Most impressive!

I know exactly where everything is, but it's not pretty.

Everything I am currently smoking lives either on my work bench in the garage or in my old Barrister bookcase in my bedroom. The rest lives in boxes labeled VA or English. Otherwise, not very well organized.

DrumsAndBeer":2rjqjzfk said:
Corncobcon, Most impressive!

I know exactly where everything is, but it's not pretty.

Everything I am currently smoking lives either on my work bench in the garage or in my old Barrister bookcase in my bedroom. The rest lives in boxes labeled VA or English. Otherwise, not very well organized.
Thanks, Drums. I guess sometimes I get carried away with things. Must be the OCD! :lol:

Corncobcon":abdlz0li said:
Thanks, Drums. I guess sometimes I get carried away with things. Must be the OCD! Laughing
Naaaaa, your normal or I'm suffering from OCD..... :lol!: :lol!:

Corncobcon.....I sent you a PM days ago

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Brewdude":zmv8vtuq said:
I'm terrible at this task. Have stuff all over the house in various places - on bookshelves, in the closet, under the bed, etc. Very difficult to find something I know I've bought but cannot find!

One of these days I'll get a round tuit and do a reorg. But how is the salient point!

:?:

Cheers,

RR
I'm with brewdude... I'm a hot mess when it comes to organizing

I guess I'm anal retentive because I even store mine by manufacturer :fpalm: :fpalm:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Don't have a big cellar but I keep the unopened tinned 'baccy in the tins and my bulks in jars which have a label on the side that I put the name of the blend and when i got it with the same info written on the top with a Sharpie. Then they go in a corregated box in a closet in my hallway and stay there till I pull one out to smoke from. Has worked for me for years :twisted: :twisted:

Had a spreadsheet that was up-to-date a couple years ago. Since then I've gotten lazier than usual...need to update the spreadsheet...one day. Still lazy after all these years (Paul Simon sort of quote).