Orlik Golden Sliced label

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayf

Reaction score
I know this is crazy, but who is the white haired man on the label?

By teh way, the tobacco is wonderful.

Thank you for the help,
John

From the Pipedia page:
Orlik used the slogan "Smoked by all shrewd judges” “(who are also loved by his hard judge)" with a portrait of a judge wearing a wig. The picture is still used in Denmark for manufacturing of Orlik cigarettes.
So, as we say in the States, here come da judge!

And, the made some fine pipes as well.

orlik.jpg

:shock: Petrol lighters?
OGS is and probably will forever be one of my favourites.

Don't mind me. I'm editing out a post that should have been elsewhere, as you will see if you read the next three posts. I'd blame it on drinking if I drank.

JimInks":k8dgh4xc said:
Earlier, it was Old Dark Fired in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard. Now, it's Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.
Huh?

riff raff":bevl8v3z said:
JimInks":bevl8v3z said:
Earlier, it was Old Dark Fired in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard. Now, it's Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.
Huh?
Methinks Jim forgot what thread he was posting to!

;) 

Cheers,

RR

Yeah, I sure did forget. I was in a real hurry. :fpalm:  Might as well get back on topic and say I really like OGS. I have a few tins in the cellar, but lately, I'm thinking I need to get more.

i like it a lot. i have ten tins from 2009. i'll crack into those at some point. the fresh stuff is already so good i can't imagine how much better it is with some age. the topping must be wonderful with well matured baccy.