Orlik Golden Sliced

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAEarl

Reaction score
Just received this the other day and I am very pleased.

Wonderful sweet haylike aroma out of the tin, presentation (100g Tin) is several very long golden brown flakes curled into the tin :D I took a pair of sissors and cut a 2" piece and rubbed it up. The moisture is right on, no real drying is needed although I tend to like mine a bit dryer, so I allowed mine to set a bit before I packed it up into my Stanwell 1/4 bent. I just gravity fed the bowl with a light tamp and refill/repeat.

A strong full flavored tobacco this is not. Subtle hints of citrus with pure sweet Virginia. The PS website states Perquie is added but there is nothing to hint that it is. Some say this is a Burley/VA blend but the can says only Virginias :?: This is a very pleasent, creamy smoke. nice and cool and as the can states, it never bit. EAsy to light and almost stayed lit past the char and tamp. Another lighting and it stayed lit to the end. The pipe stayed dry and finished with a light powdery ash.

Do I like? OHH YEAH! So far it is one of my favorites. Several more bowls will tell the tale but currently I really enjoy this Golden Sliced.

I also tried a sample of this blend some months ago and liked it very much.

I didn’t taste any Perique in it – and would really be surprised if there were any in it. Seems like a straight Virginia flake to me. It was a nice, creamy smoke with no bite whatsoever. I also tasted a degree of sweetness and some aromatic hints of freshly baked cakes.

Couple of days later, I bought a tin. But since the number of my opened tins gets higher and higher, I resolved not to open it until I’d finished another opened flake tin...
I’m really looking forward to it! :bounce:

You guys have pretty hit the nail on the head with this blend. My limited experience with it was very similar. Good stuff.

-Andrew

thanks for the post. another for me to try. sounds up my alley!

My favourite fishing tobacco - great Va flavour, burns easily - what more does one want.

This was one of the first tins that I bought and I would have to totally agree with LE. Can it get any better with age? I don't know cause I can't keep it around long enough. :D

It defintely gets better with a bit of age on it! I once aged a few tins for a couple years - the tobacco becomes incredibly rich & far more complex. But these days I smoke it as I get it.

Trout sent me a few bowls of it and it has become a favorite of mine.

Muddler":dxdwr9ig said:
It defintely gets better with a bit of age on it! I once aged a few tins for a couple years - the tobacco becomes incredibly rich & far more complex. But these days I smoke it as I get it.
Would of been easier if you had said NO! Now I have to go get a second job and double, triple my next order! ;)