Out of the rains

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Considering it was no longer a hurricane the let herself be known by a little over 3” of rain, nothing near what our folks down south experienced but then again Maine waters generally don’t allow hurricanes free passage as the Gulf of Maine water temperature gave it the nickname Hurricane Killer Territory as the cold water sucks the energy out of the storm.

Even with my best British Oilskin Jacket and cap I only snuck out for a few puffs with my MM Twain and rushed back inside since I’d like to keep my hearing aids in working order. Later with the rains still coming down I went to my acupuncture session and when it was over the rain appeared to have abated so I walked home.

Once home I got the Keurig heating up so I could have a good cup of strong black coffee and while that was brewing I loaded up the 4 knuckle bamboo shank Danish style flame grained bowl with plateau on the top and an ebonite stem with a tapered brass tenon. I’ve seen many materials used as tenons with bamboo shank pipes but this tapered one was new to me.

I own 2 bamboo shank pipes by this Pipemaker the other is a Pickaxe and will be shown at a later time. I wasted no time loading the Todd M. Johnson pipe with Virginia no. 1 by Mac Baren and kept it smokey.
banjo

44720100412_ebc90c39b1_z_d.jpg