Oyez, oyez! January 2020 BoB Bombing Misson!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Holy jinkies Batman...it time for the first bombing mission of 2020.  I’m quite literally flat on my back with a horrible awful dirty bad nasty cold/bronchitis thing.  I’m only doing the announcement at this point then I’ll swoop back in later and make lists, insult the crowd, hand out door prizes...you know, for the most horrific bomb load, the drunkest pilots, the best costume, etc., etc., etc.

Anyway, in terms of the announcement:

Oyez, oyez, oyez!  Let it be known...there will be a standard mission of the BoB Bombers Squadron at the end of this month.  The ‘hit” date shall be the 31st, which is a Friday.  So sign up soon if you’ve been approved and have flown any past mission.  If you want to join up, PM me and we can chat.

Post here starting now and I’ll be back ASAP to clean up later.

Alas, good comrades, I must retire from bombing, at least for a while. :( My university banned tobacco on campus as of Jan 1 :x (that's my shipping address, as there are plenty of porch pirates in my neighborhood). Getting a for-pay box is currently out of the question, alas. If any wonder about my smoking habits, since I won't be getting shipments for a while, at least I have a deep cellar. :cheers:

The Beagle, reporting for duty sir!

I have designated 2020 as the "year of carnage."  Let's rock!

Get well, Commander Blackhorse

Blackhorse":748btyyw said:
Holy jinkies Batman...it time for the first bombing mission of 2020.  I’m quite literally flat on my back with a horrible awful dirty bad nasty cold/bronchitis thing.  I’m only doing the announcement at this point then I’ll swoop back in later and make lists, insult the crowd, hand out door prizes...you know, for the most horrific bomb load, the drunkest pilots, the best costume, etc., etc., etc.

Anyway, in terms of the announcement:

Oyez, oyez, oyez!  Let it be known...there will be a standard mission of the BoB Bombers Squadron at the end of this month.  The ‘hit” date shall be the 31st, which is a Friday.  So sign up soon if you’ve been approved and have flown any past mission.  If you want to join up, PM me and we can chat.

Post here starting now and I’ll be back ASAP to clean up later.
The Chaplain is reporting for duty.

Count me in.

And watch that don't turn into pneumonia. 2 friends here started with the flu and bronchitis which developed into that nasty crap.  

Cheers,

RR

DrT999":glig8sj1 said:
Alas, good comrades, I must retire from bombing, at least for a while.  :(  My university banned tobacco on campus as of Jan 1 :x  (that's my shipping address, as there are plenty of porch pirates in my neighborhood).  Getting a for-pay box is currently out of the question, alas.  If any wonder about my smoking habits, since I won't be getting shipments for a while, at least I have a deep cellar. :cheers:
Back in the day, when I was an undergraduate, I had professors who smoked in class. Technically they were not supposed to, because there were signs up saying it was against the rules. Almost all of them smoked in their offices. We all smoked in dorm rooms. There was a smoking/reading area of the library.

The times they are a changin'.

Fr_Tom":n2bldw6d said:
DrT999":n2bldw6d said:
Alas, good comrades, I must retire from bombing, at least for a while.  :(  My university banned tobacco on campus as of Jan 1 :x  (that's my shipping address, as there are plenty of porch pirates in my neighborhood).  Getting a for-pay box is currently out of the question, alas.  If any wonder about my smoking habits, since I won't be getting shipments for a while, at least I have a deep cellar. :cheers:
Back in the day, when I was an undergraduate, I had professors who smoked in class. Technically they were not supposed to, because there were signs up saying it was against the rules. Almost all of them smoked in their offices. We all smoked in dorm rooms. There was a smoking/reading area of the library.

The times they are a changin'.
Yeah, I remember smoking in the student lounges in the dorms and class buildings as an undergrad, and in my office & during graduate seminars. But that was in the 70s and 80s. Between rules and smoke detectors, I don't think I've smoked indoors since about 1990.

DrT999":6o8idojg said:
Yeah, I remember smoking in the student lounges in the dorms and class buildings as an undergrad, and in my office & during graduate seminars.  But that was in the 70s and 80s.  Between rules and smoke detectors, I don't think I've smoked indoors since about 1990.
Yes - I speak of the 70's and early 80's.

I’ll get to gettin’ on this this weekend.

In the meanwhile I’m taking recommendations for targets. If you want to nominate a brother in good standing PM me the name and why.

Wow.  Still only half alive - but refusing to go on sick call.  Here’s the start of it...

The hit date for January is the 31st...a Friday.  Nice how that works out.

Still deliberating on target choice. I’ll come to a decision with our XO soon and post orders by the end of this coming week at the latest.  If you have a suggestion as to a good target PM me and we’ll add him to the list of possibles.

Pilot Roster is in serious need of expansion.  PM your past wingman and encourage him to sound off.  Here’s where we are now...

January Pilot Roster

1. Blackhorse - Commander
2. Brewdude - Executive Officer
3. Briar Beagle
4. D.L.Ruth
5. Fr_Tom
6. Timbo
7. peanubutter
8. Sour Milk

———————————

Blackhorse":sakdlk56 said:
Wow.  Still only half alive - but refusing to go on sick call.

Pilot Roster is in serious need of expansion.  PM your past wingman and encourage him to sound off.  Here’s where we are now...

January Pilot Roster

1. Blackhorse - Commander
2. Brewdude - Executive Officer
3. Briar Beagle
4. D.L.Ruth
5. Fr_Tom
6. Timbo
7. peanubutter
8. Sour Milk

———————————
Yes, we need at least 4 more to get to the Dirty Dozen squadron. C'mon you slackers!

That bug is certainly a nasty one Dave. Have several local folks down big time with it. Hope you get back on track soon!

Cheers,

RR