P & C Shipping

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With regard to service, Pipes & Cigars and Smokingpipes.com are polar opposites.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y7KjQrUVJ10" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

:lol!:

STOP PAYMENT!!!!!

I deal with Smokingpipes, 4Noggins and WVSmokeshop. NEVER had an issue with any of the three and outstanding customer service. P&C went in the toilet when Cigars International took over. Cigars International was never known for their customer service.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Damn, and to think that I was kicking myself for not taking advantage of their IPSD sale.

Reading through all of your posts, and what a freaking headache.... I am sorry to see you guys treated in this fashion.

For the record, they lost the bulk my business over two years ago after a couple poorly handled gaffs on a few of my orders.

Russ Ouelette is and has always been a class act, but he can't save P&C.

The last time I placed an order with P&C was during the "Buy-2 Get-1 Free" deal on Seattle Pipe Club blends... I did get a nice deal on six large 8 ounce tins... but when I opened the box I was disappointed to find one of the tins damaged. They had arranged the six tins in two rows of three, and the middle can of a row had a huge dent in the side with tobacco spilling from the hole. The shipping box was completely intact with no damage at all, leading me to believe that someone in the packaging/shipping department packed a tin that was clearly damaged, and they just hoped I wouldn't say anything or complain. I called them immediately and complained. I was assured they would send a replacement immediately and then could return the damaged product... 4 weeks go by and no replacement tin, so I called again and raised hell. The customer service rep on the phone was very nice, even considering the disappointment and frustration I expressed in regards to her company. She did get a replacement sent out the next day. Since this incident, I refuse to do business with Pipes&Cigars... I have unsubscribed from their emails and don't even visit their website because I don't want to get suckered into ordering from them again with whatever deal they have going.

The bulk of my purchases come from SmokingPipes.com and have never had any problems with them. The only other websites that I have seen running semi-regular deals (ie. 10% off or 15% off) is 4Noggins.com and CupOJoes.com and have been very pleased with shipping speed and packaging quality from both companies. Currently the selection on CupOJoes is pretty slim for McClelland's and GL Pease products, but I anticipate they will restock in the near future.

- Adam

Maybe they meant IPSD 2018? You'll get it in time!

I still don't have mine either, although a box of something, contents unverified, is allegedly still en route.

Wow.

I placed an order for one tin of Royal Yacht and some pipe cleaners on 2/23 and just now received a notice that it shipped. I had called yesterday to cancel but the line was busy.

I am usually pretty forgiving and laid back but this is crazy! I am probably not likely to shop there again unless there is a deal too good to pass up.

My order has apparently arrived and I've yet to be billed. I'm starting to wonder if it's even my order (won't know for at least another week or so).

Cartaphilus":od9t0udv said:
I here complaints about P&C more often then about anyone else, yet many still do business with them.
I just don't understand, when they screwed me around it didn't take a bus to drop on me to see what type of people they are.
IMHO You'll all do yourselves a favor by going else where to purchase your tobacco and pipe needs. ;)
The above statement nails how I feel about P&C... Don't do it, people! Smoking Pipes is by far my preferred tobacco supplier.

I totally agree, a lot of people go to P & C for their sales but we all see how that turned out this time. For all of us who have been waiting 3-4 weeks for their orders I don't see this getting better any time soon. My next call for tobacco will be SmokingPipes.

Haven't had an ad from Cigars International since the 28th of Feb, and none from P&C since the sale, whenever that was. I'm not unsubscribed, and they used to come daily. Interesting, in view of apparent chaos. Definitely won't be ordering anything unless glowing reports appear here or elsewhere.

Well, Cigars International and P&C are still not answering the phone. A pipe buddy finally stopped payment through his bank, because his bank could not get through either in the past 3 days. The last two years I've mostly purchased tobacco from Smokingpipes or 4Noggins with stellar service and superb shipping departments. Oh, both answer their phones all the time....lol. I wish you all good luck and hopefully your orders will arrive this week.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Just for fun, and because my neighbors were wanting to get their roll their own tobaccos, I placed an order on the first. The bulk of the order (in weight at least) was the cheap stuff. HOWEVER, P&C did list they had McClellands 3 Oaks Syrian in stock. So, I ordered up a bunch, not expecting it of course, but thought, just in case, why not grab some? Might not get it, but it might be fun to see what happens, right?

This is the second such message I have received.....

"We are making progress in getting your order out to you. We are currently in the process of retrieving your items from inventory. Our warehouse team is working 24 hour shifts to get orders picked, packed, and shipped out within the next few days (hopefully sooner). We will do our best to be transparent on the status of your package until it leaves our facility.

Eric Vernon, P&C Brand Manager

"Please do not reply to these emails. If you have any further issues or questions, please use the ‘Contact Us’ form on the web site, as this is actively being managed.
Due to volume, it may take a few days for us to respond, but we will address your inquiry/request as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I have yet to be billed.....

Those poor guys. 24/7, slaving away in some dank warehouse trying to accommodate all these whining nicotine addicts...

I am taking collections for a pizza party for those poor bastards. WHEN they get things caught up and orders fulfilled, of course.....

PM me if interested. I might get them... :lol!:

For real though, it will be interesting to find out how long it will take for them to catch up. I get the feeling this is a case of committing to more than their stock shelves can offer....

OMG....so, they're working 24/7 and answering with automated emails and don't answer their phones????
Naaaaaaa-don't believe it :evil: :evil: :evil:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4F4qzPbcFiA" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Got another email from P&C today telling me that they were working on my order and they "hoped" to have it ready to ship in a couple of days. Yeah, Right! I will believe it when I see it.

Got an update today!!!!!

"Dear sir,

Your order has finally been picked. We are working on inspecting your order for accuracy. We’re looking to get your order on its way to you in the next 24 to 48 hours. We will send you a final update as soon as we can.

Eric Vernon, P&C Brand Manager"

Getting closer.............

My pipe buddy said...." they still ain't answering the phone "! Not that he feels guilty stopping payment, he wants his account closed and too give a piece of his mind.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

New update!

Got my confirmation today via email that my order was shipped!

WOOHOO!!!

Logged in and checked to see if the 3 Oaks was backordered. Nope, the whole order shipped, and there's the tracking number for UPS.

Cool! I click on the tracking number to see when to expect the box.....................

Um...........

UPS says the tracking number is not valid. :suspect:

I then carefully read the whole confirmation page, top to bottom, and found something interesting!

My expected delivery date is March 8th. Yuppers. To-day. As of 22:48 CST, no package. Maybe they meant next year? :no: