P&C Situation Rectified

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroContent

Reaction score
So I ordered on IPSD at P&C since they were having a 15% off everything. I ordered just over $100 worth (after discount) to get the free shipping. Everything was listed as In Stock when I ordered BUT P&C had just done a software update/change for their inventory software and it was incorrect so I had a handful of things shipped but most of my order was back ordered. After about 3 weeks a couple more items shipped. Strangely as well i was only billed 30 bucks at this point. In the beginning of April I submitted an inquiry to figure out what was up with my order and I got no reply and the inquiry was closed, so I opened another one 2 weeks ago. Earlier this week it still wasn't answered so I posted on their Facebook page asking for help and was directly messaged 30 minutes later by the new branch manager. He was up until almost midnight looking into my order and figuring out what happened, etc...

Since the order was so old he asked if he could cancel the remained and he'd give me a coupon code for 20% off so I could re-order whatever I wanted, but he didn't stop there. As a gesture of good will for all the troubles I had received about 60 bucks worth of product and only billed 30 bucks he left that as it is. Also he has shipped me a free pipe and gave me a $50 credit on my account as well. So in the end i got under billed product, a free pipe, $50 credit and a 20% off coupon.

He also told me if I knew of anyone still having issue to send them directly to him. So if you have any issue PM me and I'll send you directly to his facebook profile and he'll fix your issue.

Well, THAT'S cool...

Must be serious mayhem going on there. As I check, they seem to be slowly and surely thinning their stock.... It's been sort of a hobby of mine, tracking their product lines, sales, etc. Still too tricky to risk ordering from them at this point though, you never REALLY know what they have unless they are trying to sell stuff on special for super cheap. And while other vendors get new stock in, lately P&C has yet to get anything out of stock back in. Not to mention it is a bit unnerving to have them bill for the whole order when placed, then short load the box, then refund monies, then when they can fulfill the order dip back into my wallet for the balance.

Hope they get it worked out soon. I used to order a lot from them in the past....

Good to hear. I still order from them on occasion when something is a really good deal. They seem to at least be trying to make things better.

I asked about missing tobaccos and he said that is his top priority to re-establish supplier relations and getting in stuff after getting all the technical stuff cleaned up.

ZeroContent":jzir2yb6 said:
I asked about missing tobaccos and he said that is his top priority to re-establish supplier relations and getting in stuff after getting all the technical stuff cleaned up.  
"Supplier relations" too?   :lol!:

I've had several customer service issues with P&C in the past... probably why I didn't order from them on IPSD. While it's nice they're doing what they can to rectify the situation for those customers, people have been discussing the total lack of regard for customer satisfaction for a long time now -- it shouldn't take an IT system Chernobyl disaster for them to give a Fukushima about their customers. So whatever funny tasting kool-aid they're selling these days (even for 20% off, buy 2 get 3 free), it's too late for me. I've simply decided to take my business elsewhere.

Yeah, they sent me $50 and several 20% off coupons. I used the $50 coupon to get some Germain. It was a nice gesture, but I'm still done with them. I have buddies that still haven't received their order.

Well i ordered with my coupons last night at about 11pm and the whole order was shipped less than 12 hours later, hopefully that's a good sign.

Ha... I've been done with P&C for ages. Way before this current fiasco. And how do you like the latest email---a pressed cake tobacco, that's been aging for years, that they just happened to forget about ?

Old Nate":x01pq8j6 said:
Ha... I've been done with P&C for ages. Way before this current fiasco. And how do you like the latest email---a pressed cake tobacco, that's been aging for years, that they just happened to forget about ?
I saw that too.

Fish on!???

Ozark Wizard":foyjru9n said:
Old Nate":foyjru9n said:
I saw that too.

Fish on!???

They're always finding "lost stashes" or "forgotten projects." I guess that makes me wonder about tobacco buyers-at-large. We don't strike me as an incredibly gullible group, but maybe that's because the corner of the pipe universe I live in isn't a large enough sample size. As far as I'm concerned (and the same is true for most people I know) if they'd have just said "We're releasing an aged Latakia Pressed Cake" that'd have been enough to garner orders (for those inclined towards Lat, anyway).