Quantcast

PA Observation

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

A

Anonymous

I have a rather large Wilke billiard, about a group 5 or 6. Whenever I smoke a number of bowls of aromatics that are BCA based, the heel can get pretty goopy. I have found that smoking a bowl of PA in it periodically seems to help dry out the heal and promotes a pretty good cake when you shake the ashes up in it.

Kind of a plus since I like PA anyway.

Funn

Reaction score
I've been smoking a combo of PA and Paladin all day that I've had jarred for a month or so I like to mix it :pipe rather than smoking it straight.

Funn. :pipe:

A

Anonymous

I smoke a fair bit of PA. Good stuff first thing in the morning with black coffee. It is a great tobacco to break in a pipe with, and a few bowls of PA will remove most any ghost in an estate pipe.

A

Anonymous

The Prince is always a hale old fellow and is more or less yardstick by which to judge other tobaccos.

Is there really anything we need which we don't already get fom Prince Albert?

morleysson

Reaction score
Justpipes":756mvdd3 said:
I have to agree that PA is a nice straight burley smoke.
I would add that I always preferred the pocket tin to the plastic pouch, and the tub to them all. I would swear that the pocket tin had a slightly different cut and was a little drier smoking, but that might just have been my imagination or my youthfulness.

BTW, I highly recommend 4parts PA to 1 part Sugar Barrel (by volume, not weight), as a fine driving smoke. One can do the same 4:1 with Walnut, even better tasting but I prefer my Walnut 'straight up'.

Justpipes

Reaction score
morleysson":ihbveti6 said:
I prefer my Walnut 'straight up'.
Definitely Walnut straight up! It doesn't need anything. I have tried blending it with a couple of other tobaccos and it just didn't work for me.

The Sugar Barrel deal does sound tempting!