PA Observation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have a rather large Wilke billiard, about a group 5 or 6. Whenever I smoke a number of bowls of aromatics that are BCA based, the heel can get pretty goopy. I have found that smoking a bowl of PA in it periodically seems to help dry out the heal and promotes a pretty good cake when you shake the ashes up in it.

Kind of a plus since I like PA anyway.

I've been smoking a combo of PA and Paladin all day that I've had jarred for a month or so I like to mix it :pipe rather than smoking it straight.

Funn. :pipe:

I smoke a fair bit of PA. Good stuff first thing in the morning with black coffee. It is a great tobacco to break in a pipe with, and a few bowls of PA will remove most any ghost in an estate pipe.

The Prince is always a hale old fellow and is more or less yardstick by which to judge other tobaccos.

Is there really anything we need which we don't already get fom Prince Albert?

Justpipes":756mvdd3 said:
I have to agree that PA is a nice straight burley smoke.
I would add that I always preferred the pocket tin to the plastic pouch, and the tub to them all. I would swear that the pocket tin had a slightly different cut and was a little drier smoking, but that might just have been my imagination or my youthfulness.

BTW, I highly recommend 4parts PA to 1 part Sugar Barrel (by volume, not weight), as a fine driving smoke. One can do the same 4:1 with Walnut, even better tasting but I prefer my Walnut 'straight up'.

morleysson":ihbveti6 said:
I prefer my Walnut 'straight up'.
Definitely Walnut straight up! It doesn't need anything. I have tried blending it with a couple of other tobaccos and it just didn't work for me.

The Sugar Barrel deal does sound tempting!