Quantcast
  • ~ How to Use the New Software ~

Try logging in and if it is not accepting your password,, look to the bottom right corner of page for Contact Us and send a message.

PAD taking over

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Ranger107

Reaction score
Have been slowly? trying to upgrade my collection. Specifically looking for some higher end pipes. Costello, Don Carlos, Ser Jacopo, etc. Scored a nice Pipa Croci off ebay couple days ago. Not the $200 one, but one similar to the one on Briar Blues. Got it for $73 which I felt pretty good about. Would love to try an original Dunhill as I have never had one but they always seem exhorbitant even the well used estate ones.

Ranger107

Reaction score
Gave in to my PAD last night and scored a nice Don Carlos one note off ebay. Considering a unique Peterson at Iwan Reiss. Called the Jeckal and Hyde. Smooth on one side, rusticated on the other. Very different.

Ranger107

Reaction score
A pic of the Peterson. What do you guys think of this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-19-08-22-28.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-19-08-22-28.png
    893.7 KB · Views: 5

Blackhorse

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
You’re picking some really nice items. I’ll reserve the room next to mine in the poorhouse. We can be neighbors.

Ranger107

Reaction score
Lol. As long as there is room to store our pipes and tobaccy and good neighbors to share with we will never really be poor. Have picked up some nice pipes but trying to look for deals and keep it reasonable. Said no to the $400 Armellini I was drooling over yesterday. And as they say you can't take it with you,, lol.

Ranger107

Reaction score
Just read an older post on PAD. Rather amazed at some members on here who said they have over 300 pipes. When I gave up pipe smoking back around 2003 time frame I had between 50 and 60 pipes. About half of them acquired during and shortly after college in the 70s. Mostly savs, gbd, comoys, couple of sasienis, and a couple of danish hand carved that I bought while in Denmark. Boxed them up and moved them a couple of times. Sometime around early 2014 sold them to a shop in ohio. Saved 3, 2 stanwells and a sav Roma bulldog that I really liked. When I took up the pipe again a couple of years later I wished I had never sold them. Was amazed at what estate pipes were bringing on ebay. Started slowly building up my collection again. Up to about 35 or so now but will never reach 300, lol. However I am happy to have rediscovered the enjoyment and serenity that I get while puffing on good tobacco and exploring all the new offerings. Really like all the suggestions I am reading on here.
PS breaking in my new pipa croci with some Hobbitts Weed. Very pleasant.

Ranger107

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have experience with Aldo Valeni pipes. Prices on Ebay seem to vary widely. I am not familiar with them but looking at Petes on the Iwan Reiss website this am they had a catagory of 1/2 price pipes. Things like Caminettos were down to maybe $250 +. But they had a bunch of aldo valenis for $27 up to over a hundred. Saw a really nice straight grain dublin for $100. Said it was originally $250. It was by far the best looking of the bunch. Any advice or opinions?