PAD taking over

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I don't have to go to that extent yet. Plus I don't have a daughter to aide and abet,, lol. Got my new Charaton Chippendale this afternoon. Looks like a great pipe for $50. Bought a new 5 pipe rack last week and it's already full. And I still have the Mountbatten coming. My PAD is running rampant. It's all Jiminks fault. He keeps posting these great pictures of all his vintage pipes, and I am trying to catch up,, lol.

My pipe situation has gone to a whole new level... Wife and I had the talk a couple of nights ago ! So now I have enlisted my daughter in purchasing my pipes on her account ! she sneaks them in with her in my grandsons diaper bag when she makes her weekly visit and I give her cash! LOL!
I am looking to buy a new Pete Watson pipe,But I may have to buy another Lestrade because I don`t own anything resembling the Watson,she wont notice that I have 2 Lestrade pipes...
I went online to see what the Watson looked like and check the specs. Wound up ordering it. Darn it. EZ, you are NOT helping curb my PAD, lol.

Okay, that's it. Ordered a new Pete Sherlock Holmes Milverton. Had to toss 2 pipes in a drawer to make room for the new pipes. No more pipes, at least for this year, lol.

Well, PAD hit again. Got an email from Meershaum Market. Several really nice pipes. Decided on a straight carved dublin. Had a really nice carved eagle, but this was $50 less and has a nice big bowl. Plus it's a shape I don't have in a meer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-19-18-30-25.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-19-18-30-25.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 77
Well, PAD hit again. Got an email from Meershaum Market. Several really nice pipes. Decided on a straight carved dublin. Had a really nice carved eagle, but this was $50 less and has a nice big bowl. Plus it's a shape I don't have in a meer.
That's nice. Checked out that site, since I'm in the market for a Meer, some great pipes there

Yep, they do have some nice pipes, almost any shape you can imagine, and if you shop carefully, you can find really nice pipes for a reasonable price. There were 3 or 4 in the under $200 range that I really liked, but this one clicked with me as I like the larger bowls. Check their clearance sections. Couple of nice pipes on there for under $100.

Another accomplice... I had a nice chat with our Mailman. I have know him many years and I have always taken care of him. He is a great guy and I explained my pipe buying situation to him. He will be now stashing anything pipe related in an old metal milk box by my garage instead of the mailbox! so,now even if i am working and my wife gets the mail I got nothing!

Reminds me of the old saying, "what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive". What happens when the wife catches the mailman going into the garage. Whoops,,,😒 ,,,🤣 LOL.

Ranger, the mailman passes this milk box outside my garage as he walks to the mailbox,now I got to buy a pipe to try this system out,LOL!

EZ must be entering my head subconsciously. Just ordered a Neerup Jeppesen Ida hand made from Smoking Pipes. Biggest one they had. Not as large as EZ's, but big enough for me, I think. Chamber is .9" X 2.1" deep. About the same size as my Save 606EX and that one is good for over an hour. Should be here next week. My birthday is coming up and I deserve it,,lol.