PAD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Well the pipe was on sale, and I always liked the look of their spigot pipes so I pulled the trigger. Only issue is...it is not the pipe that was advertised in the picture (it was labeled wrong on the website) and the metal is pretty tarnished looking. Not to concerned about the shape since I still like the look of it but the tarnish kind of bothers me. Sent them a message about the missing labeled picture on the website and the tarnish, will see what comes of it. Oh and also a new rack, just because I got tired of the piles of pipes. It is actually the XL11 but the picture on the sight looks like I thought I was ordering a 03 shape

Peterson Newgrange Spigot XL11

Tarnish is super easy to cure.

And...oh my oh my...I LOVE that shape. It’s one of my favorite signature Peterson shapes. And the Stem! And of course the spigot is sweetness itself. Yeah...I’m in love. A thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Sigh. Wish I was rich.

Blackhorse":9tdz3bwz said:

And...oh my oh my...I LOVE that shape.  It’s one of my favorite signature Peterson shapes.  And the Stem!  And of course the spigot is sweetness itself. Yeah...I’m in love.  A thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Sigh.  Wish I was rich.
I do like the shape just wasn't what I was expecting. I more just sent themthe message so they could be aware that the picture is wrong on the website. I know the tarnish issue will be easy to take care of I would just expect something brand new to be free of issues.

D.L.Ruth":278pfzz4 said:
Blackhorse":278pfzz4 said:

And...oh my oh my...I LOVE that shape.  It’s one of my favorite signature Peterson shapes.  And the Stem!  And of course the spigot is sweetness itself. Yeah...I’m in love.  A thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Sigh.  Wish I was rich.
I do like the shape just wasn't what I was expecting. I more just sent themthe message so they could be aware that the picture is wrong on the website. I know the tarnish issue will be easy to take care of I would just expect something brand new to be free of issues.
Understood.  I’d most likely be doing just the same.

So you thought you were getting the 03, eh?

My favorite shape is the 03

Beautiful pick up there and the tarnish issue is an easy fix as was mentioned.

Its unfortunate but pipes don't always move quickly through inventory. Personally I prefer my silver with less than showroom shine. That's just me though.

Sweet pick up even if the shape isn't what you wanted. Its a beautiful piece.

Jim