Painting.šŸ‘ŽšŸ½šŸ˜¤šŸ¤¬šŸ˜”šŸ¤®

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychsmoker

Reaction score
So Iā€™m painting inside my house. So far I got one wall done. After cleaning up I knew I shouldā€™ve done at least 2 or 3. Itā€™s a messy project and I hate it. Iā€™d rather be at the dentist than painting.

I told the wife, letā€™s hire someone and she was scared because of covid. Itā€™s the worst job that I know of in regards to owning a house.

Rant over.

Think of the $$$ you're saving by doing it yourself. I painted my daughter's guest bathroom, ceiling and walls, after she bid out the job. I guess painters hate small spaces, small jobs and popcorn ceilings. I think the bids were around $1000. Bids all said, two days, plus travel time. I'm leaving for the dentist in 5 minutes. He'll be doing another attempt at a bone graft for an implant. I would much rather paint.

So Iā€™m painting inside my house. So far I got one wall done. After cleaning up I knew I shouldā€™ve done at least 2 or 3. Itā€™s a messy project and I hate it. Iā€™d rather be at the dentist than painting.

I told the wife, letā€™s hire someone and she was scared because of covid. Itā€™s the worst job that I know of in regards to owning a house.

Rant over.
Psych, shop around for local painters, get references. Don't know where you are located but a lot of these guys are desperate for work right now. I had my entire house interior in Oxnard painted for $2200. 3 BR, 3 BA, great room, kitchen, hallway, etc. Every wall, but no ceilings, and they did an excellent job. And my stairwell and great room had 14' ceilings. Would have taken me a month and a lot of effort. They did it in 4 days. Well worth the money for me.