Parfait Anyone?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tock the Always

Reaction score
Just wondering if any other brothers (or sister) enjoy the occasional tobacco parfait. I'm finishing off a tin of McClelland's No. 22 and it wasn't quite enough to fill my bowl. So I topped it with a bit of Samuel Gawith's Commonwealth. I'm right at the point where the two are mixing. Pretty tasty.

I do a couple a week. Sometimes by plan and sometimes by circumstances. I have way better luck with parfaits than impromptu "home blending".

Buddy

I just caught your thread Tock and I had never thought of actually parfaiting tobacco in a pipe, so I decided to try it. I don't know if it is actually a parfait, but i folded some PS Navy and PS bullseye together and all I can say is WOW!

Often, but it's usually whisky and beer. Does that count? I mean I have a pipe full with it.

:lol!: Falconer, I guess that counts.
I think my next one is gonna be Rattray's 7 Reserve burning down to Commonwealth.

Tock, you're such a complexual guy. Let me know how it smokes :D .

Wouldn't it be cool for a manufacturer to make tobacco that is meant to be half and half?

Say for instance, GL pease makes a tobacco called "Two Tone" and it is only sold two tins at a time (Tobacco A and Tobacco B) because they are meant to be stacked?

I have been thinking about the logistics of this for a while now...

Okay, so that pretty much just tasted like Commonwealth... XD

And Maiser, I would totally buy that. Potential label?
two_face_piece-300x225.jpg

Hard to admit this, but had a bit of Quiet Night left in the bowl from last night, decided to top it off with some Pelican rather than trying to go it alone...

Mixing DGT and Parfait is not something I am proud of, and I shall not oft do it, nor ever admit it again :)

Maiser":u1y0ffd5 said:
Wouldn't it be cool for a manufacturer to make tobacco that is meant to be half and half?

Say for instance, GL pease makes a tobacco called "Two Tone" and it is only sold two tins at a time (Tobacco A and Tobacco B) because they are meant to be stacked?

I have been thinking about the logistics of this for a while now...
How about calling it "Half and Half"?

gandalfpc":hmmdisoo said:
Hard to admit this, but had a bit of Quiet Night left in the bowl from last night, decided to top it off with some Pelican rather than trying to go it alone...

Mixing DGT and Parfait is not something I am proud of, and I shall not oft do it, nor ever admit it again :)
:lol!: :lol!:
You da man for admitting that!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:
You know, we all do!!!! :lol!: :lol!:

I do the parfait thing every now and then. Today I tried a blend of RLP-6 and some Peter Stokkebye luxury navy flake. Really sweetened things up and made a copious amount of smoke to boot. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit...

If my OCD allows me to, I will try the parfait. It sounds interesting.