Parsimonious but Worthwhile Mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mathius

Reaction score
As a neophyte to the Brothers (pardon me if you know all about this), I have a technique to share that saves a few precious bucks and produces great results. I call this technique sprinkling because it involves taking a small amount of an expensive flavorful leaf (like a real Latakia) and placing a pinch or two on a packed bowl of Virginia. During the charring, just before you tamp and relight, the essence of the sprinkled leaf will be pulled into the bowl and mix perfectly with the well-packed blend. In fact, when you tap out your briar, you get a delightful whiff of the sprinkling tobacco throughout the any unburnt portions of the Virginia and even in the ashes. This is the empirical proof that the experiment works. Enjoy!

Funny you mention this. Just yesterday I packed a large bowl of a bulk English (De La Concha Turkish Delight) into my meer. I wanted to perk up the latakia a bit so I sprinkled a little bit of Pirate Kake on top (a generous pinch). I did, in fact, find that it added something to at least the first 1/2 of the bowl (it was a pretty big bowl).

-Andrew