PCCA Blends and Samuel Gawith

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I've always wanted to try the PCCA blends.

Good news for me... bad news for my wallet.

PCCA blends kind of bum me out. I stashed away a few of them because I thought they might be in demand someday. Guess not now.

I'm not sure on the packaging of the SG 250g deals so I wrote smokingpipes just to see if they are indeed tins or not just boxed up bulk sealed in plastic.

I for one am glad to see the McC's PCCA blends hitting the market. I might add that SM's prices are pretty darn competitive!!! JHUGGS...Let us the answer to the SG 250G packaging question. The pictures sure look like a paper box, not a tin at all!! :roll: FTRPLT

The pictures are what brought up the question in the first place. Look like bulk but posted in the "tins" section. I'll post their response when I get it.

hell, I am ecstatic that I will be able to procure more tudor castle and arcade. I fell in love with both of em! hey jason keep those tins of pcca protected! I have been buying up old tins of pcca blends at exorbitant prices, just to smoke!

Doc Manhattan":26oo9jhn said:
Nice! I've always wanted to try the PCCA blends.

Good news for me... bad news for my wallet.
Bad news for PCCA blends if McClelland applies their signature malt vinegar process to them!

McClelland was making the PCCA blends for Bob Hamlin all along so I doubt that there will be any changes to the blends.

I've never tried any of the PCCA blends, but they all have great ratings in tobaccoreviews.com. I'm very happy that they are now generally available and at good prices, too. Can't wait to try them, there will be one tin of each in my next order :cheers:

I had held out hope that the recipes would be unchanged. I dunno, but I now kinda doubt it. I recently cracked a tin of Orient 996 dated jan 2011. Tried a bowl right away, extreme blandness. Jarred most of it, set some aside to air a bit and am presently smoking a bowl in a Peterson Rosslare straight billiard. Bland. I have had several bowls of the actual PCCA Orient 996 blended and sold by Bob Hamlin and the tobacco gave rich layers of spice over a delicious bed of red virginia, laced with Syrian latakia. This stuff has no discernable flavors at all, just a very mild, bland, monotone taste that is quite uninspiring. Disappointing :cry: