PCCA Tobaccos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Just read on Bob's website that PCCA tobac's are HISTORY!! McClellands has taken over the brand in total! :shock: Wow!! FTRPLT

I hope they will make more, lots more! I am intrigued about some of the older blends possibly coming back. constantinople is a fav of mine. I haven't had a chance to try 995 or aurora, hope they will make more. this could be a good thing!

Ya, talk about a disaster of biblical Proportions; will have to cut way back on my consumption of Beacon.
I'm down to my last 11 tins.

As I understand it, there will still be PCCA blends but they'll be sold under whatever name McClelland wants them sold under. McClelland always blended these for mr Hamlin anyway, he's apparently just getting out of the tobacco selling business. Look for them to be even more readily available as a McClelland standard.

From Hamlins website:

"As of October 25, 2008, all PCCA blends have been "discontinued" with no new blends being released by us. McClelland will be nationalizing PCCA blends so that they are sold under the McClelland label and available nationwide through established retailers. All "rights" to the blends, their names, designs, artwork, etc. have been turned over to McClelland. I believe this will result in the reintroduction of some older PCCA blends not currently in production, but we'll have to see."

I certainly hope this works out for the best. I trust Craig will label these clearly so we know the "PCCA" blends!! These are too good to go away!! I will let my small "stash" continue to age untill I know more!! :pipe: FTRPLT

I see no issues here. McClelland has always been a world class blender. It will be nice to see these blends more readily available.

Afternoon All, I have a bunch of Beacon, Arcade, Tudor Castle[my fav], Aurora,Jubliee, Syrian Star, Orient #996, that are now in the back of the CAVE Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

This plays to my advantage, because I haven't tried any PCCA blends. So, if McClelland nationalizes them, I'll be able actually smoke some.

McCll. made a strategic choice here and, wait and see, I bet the first one will be a recreation of New Millenium (2000).

If you think about it, most of the PCCA blends sell out very quickly but you can usually find old tins of "McClelland" still sitting on the shelf at your tobacconist. Maybe McClelland is going to streamline their lineup, keeping the good sellers and letting the others go. The PCCA blends could continue as "McClelland" because they are successful. Makes good business sense anyway . . . . well, as long as I'm just speculating . . . . :roll: :)

I hope they decide to produce "Eufaula 1843", because I really wanted to buy some of that. Did I miss the boat on that one???

Have mercy ... Don't even hint about someone possibly ending any of the blends out there.... at least not until I can purchase up a stock to sale on ebay.

I hear ya' PB. No doubt that's why some guys by the PCCA blends in the first place! :lol!:

But seriously, I would rather see the PCCA blends continue on with the "McClelland" name rather than fade away. I think McC could remove some of their overlapping models, bring in the PCCA line up, and it could be a win/win for everyone. I hope "the pipe guy" continues to prosper too.

There are tough times ahead. I hope everyone makes it through.

Nice to see you post Tin Man. I was on the verge of asking Jim where you been!