PCCA Tudor Castle Arcade

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
the best latakia blend i have ever smoked. better than all the dunhill's, by far ( imho) there is just enough syrian latakia to taste, the yenidje can be tasted, the perique can be tasted, the virginias are there. excellent. get some, like twenty tins! everything by the PCCA has been excellent. this is very complex, the taste over all is just like tudor Castle but with a background of smoke like a campfire. i am not a huge fan of latakia, but i am finding Syrian not too bad ata all. I really cant say how good this is, its really good. I have smoked three bowls of this yesterday, in a row!!! i dont think i have ever smoked three bowls in a row, ever. i smoked two in a 1919 BBB small calabash, its like this blend and this pipe were made for each other, the other bowl in an Eltang bing billiard. very, very, good. this will get even better with age. i would be interested in others thoughts on this. highly recommended, even for those who dont usually like latakia blends. :pipe: :pipe: :drool:

Addendum: there is good amount of nicotene in this as well which took me off guard, pleasantly so.

Yo Vaper, I have smoked some of this, haven't found what you have, my stock is in statis, I'll explore more, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Well, this justs get better and better! I am finding that even though the leaf is still young and a little raw, as the tin has been open for two weeks this is moving into the very good category. i just finished the tin, and i must say i have never smoked a tin so fast before. I have been fully rubbing it out and letting it dry to almost crispy and it has been providing me with some amazing smokes. with all the virginia in this blend i think it has amazing ageing potential. I am looking forward to trying PCCA's other syrian blends, if there are any left. This Syrian truly is wonderfull stuff. The only problem is now i have to try all the other Syrian blends out there! :D

just to update, now that my tastebuds are acclimating to this, I must say I am a huge fan of this blend. I think a freshly opened tin won't give a true representation of its greatness, way too moist! a finished my very first tin about a month ago, I put the tin away for awhile and forgot it. I found it opened it and noticed the leavings at the bottom. about a bowls worth so I packed it in my pipe and lit up. chewy, smoky steak! with a touch of salt and pepper. great! I've tried the original bs and 759 and I think this beats it hands down! im in love this blend! I have noticed a silence when it comes too this blend. does anyone like this?

I don't think too many BoB's have it. I do not recall opening any of mine to see what it's like fairly young. I will have to check and see if there is an open tin down there in the cellar.

Have many PCCA tins aging, have yet to pop a tin :( MOF, I have yet to pop any PCCA tins, just haven't gotten to them yet! :pipe: FTRPLT