Pease's Spark Plug

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preben

Reaction score
Well after a long wait i finally tried 1 bowl in a Preben Holm. After 75 plus lbs. of Gaslight - I was very curious. The big brownie was magnificent in aroma. Wow! If only it tasted as good as it smelled as a bar. I realize this is a rather quick review/commentary; however will do another bowl early tomorrow A.M. with a pot of serious coffee. The pipe has had pretty much nothing but gaslight in it. so there was no cavendish or perique or vanilla in there. I enjoyed it a lot but no where near gaslight. The bottom latakia to me was missing for my tastes; however as a blend of his it was really nice. The creosote hint IS the latakia but as I said - just not enough for me. The tobacco was quite complex in a good way the there was an interesting mid flavor profile - early it was a hint of maybe waxy caramel or just caramel - it left something on my tongue i found: and then i got this very subtle licorice or anise flavor. it was a much more mild amkoe overall compared to gaslight - but if i had to i would smoke this. Greg came up with a serious English blend and it was the nicest i have had since BS 7or BS 759 went away. There no other that compares with it. I probably will have some more around as a variety to gaslight; however, gaslight is my GO TO. I was hoping in anticipation that this may be better than gaslight and would be my number one however; it is not. For me it is #2 in my books for my tastes - and that IS a compliment to him. I believe that this is greg's 2nd best for my tastes too. Abingdon which i had smoked a lot prior to gaslight coming out was bit too spicy and bitey. This is very nice and smooth and has a lot of wonderful tastes and a nice aroma when smoked. Just not the intense and same aroma as it is in bar form prior to the light. I still give it 5 starts. However; gaslight is still and will be my #1 bland.

Very nice work Greg!

Solid Review! I really like Sparkplug! From the few bowls I've smoked it fits my taste profile from start to the bottom of the bowl. I'm not a fan of prepping tobacco but I love the Tin Art! :shock:

did a 2nd bowl this morning and it was nice. mid range spice was a bit moe pronounced today. same pipe. I did notice that even with 2 bowls only - it ghosted the pipe when i tried a bowl of gaslight later in the day. you could taste the spice and oreintals and unique lat for the first half of the bowl. Then t was normal. The bowl of gaslight was transcendent by the way.

i never adulterate tobacco; but i mentioned to jeremy at C&D today that to make up for the lack of low end lat for my tastes I will try a bowl of 1/4 gaslight and 3/4 spark plug and then try a bwol of 1/2 gaslight and 1/2 sparkplug just to see what happens. the rest of the 3 tins will be spark plug as it was created.

ordering few more lbs of gaslight.

just love that Latakia!!!!!!!

last update: after a 3rd bowl of this today I have decided to have some of this around as an ocassional companion to gaslight - which says a lot for me AND Spark Plug!

:)