Pen wash

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

Reaction score
I’ve watch some Goulet utube vids and they’ve talked it. But where do you guys get yours? A certain brand you like better than others? Or anything else we should know about the stuff before someone jumps in and buys a couple gallons of the stuff?

Should or can I use it to clean the block on my peterbuilt w900? You know stuff guys would do after a few beers.

I’ve always just used water too. Never thought about dish soap.

A lot of suppliers carry a pen flush. But you can make your own. Various amounts of water, ammonia, and dish soap. Rinse with clean water. The amounts of ammonia and dish soap is very small. You do not want to harm anything. Recipes on the Internet.

The formula I use...

About 10:1 water to clear ammonia, plus a few drops of Dawn. So for mixing a real world amount use 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of ammonia, and 1-2 drops of the dish soap. Dawn really is the preferred brand. This is a very standard recipe.

Followed, of course, by a rinse of clear water.

Thanks BH and Carlos for the recipe. I’ll have to go buy a little bottle of dawn. My wife is a fan of Palmolive. I guess it’s the soften hands while you dishes thing with Marge. I know someone wll remember those commercials.