Penzance is in stock

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn it! Missed again.

I've never tried this blend, oh well maybe next time.

Thanks for the heads up Padre.

Fr_Tom":s8ke94h6 said:
smokingpipes.com

Limit one 8 oz bag. I got mine...
Posted at 12:19pm and by 12:20 they were sold out. Scoring some Penzance has turned into something close to an athletic event. :|

This kind of thing still pisses me off... Ive had the blend like once or twice in the past three years because of this scarcity, yet I know guys who have 6-10 pounds of the stuff. C'est la vie.

joshoowah":pzvn63j5 said:
This kind of thing still pisses me off... Ive had the blend like once or twice in the past three years because of this scarcity, yet I know guys who have 6-10 pounds of the stuff. C'est la vie.
I am not one of those guys. This is my first successful purchase of Penzance.

Fr_Tom":jynjutxh said:
joshoowah":jynjutxh said:
I am not one of those guys. This is my first successful purchase of Penzance.
It doesn't help that I live in Kenya ;).

P & C had some...yawn. I coulda, but dinna. They still have some of the others, two bags for $70.

Fr_Tom":hep6exwf said:
joshoowah":hep6exwf said:
It doesn't help that I live in Kenya ;).
One of the sacrifices you make for the Kingdom.
Though a menial one, it is true. The only pipe tobacco sold here is Davidoff, which is mostly aromatic stuff.

I got to try some once. Honestly don't get the covetousness about it... No flashbacks, pink elephants, or blindness. Could it be just a status blend? Just so you can say it's in the cellar?

Can anyone explain the allure?

Ozark Wizard":ta72vh9k said:
I got to try some once. Honestly don't get the covetousness about it... No flashbacks, pink elephants, or blindness. Could it be just a status blend? Just so you can say it's in the cellar?

It's one of the most fashionable of the "unobtaniums" and indicates you are a REAL PIPE SMOKER :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ozark Wizard":3saqgszm said:

Penzance and Stonehaven are actually quite good. Does their quality justify the rage buy by many? Not necessarily. Like I said, I know guys who buy as much of it as they can when it comes in stock, so much so that they literally have pounds of the stuff. It is similar to what happened a few years back with Gawith's FVF, which caused many other virginia blends to be perpetually sold out for a long while.

All in all, I like the stuff quite a bit (I'd like more of it actually),but I'm not paying premium for it.

Fr_Tom":4guqyhx8 said:
monbla256":4guqyhx8 said:
It's one of the most fashionable of the "unobtaniums" and indicates you are a REAL PIPE SMOKER :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I thought the indicators were restemming an old favorite and rim cake...

I agree, I'll stick with restemming my pipes as my proof of pipe dedication, that and my growing pipe rotation, oh, and the probable disrepair of my lung tissue.

For folks who enjoy the hunt I suppose that it's worth it. As for me I just don't have what economist call enough utilization for this tobacco. To many good tobaccos out there readily available to jump through hoops far any particular one. But that's just me. :)

eklektos44":vj7w5tes said:
For folks who enjoy the hunt I suppose that it's worth it. As for me I just don't have what economist call enough utilization for this tobacco. To many good tobaccos out there readily available to jump through hoops far any particular one. But that's just me. :)
That is my outlook exactly! However, I find myself signed up for in stock notifications on multiple websites, and rush to complete an order any time a new shipment becomes available.

I'm starting to think that instead of being a Penzance connoisseur, I'm just competitive in nature.

Ditto on ebay pipe auctions! :pirat:

Well... I used to think that Penzance was THAT good, and it was one of the only blends in my permanent rotation until about 1 or 2 years ago, when I stopped smoking Latakia. To me, it was the pinnacle of what a sweet Latakia blend should be. In those days I would have paid dearly for a bag, except that I never had much difficulty getting it for its regular price.

Stonehaven is also in my permanent rotation. I don't like it as much as I did Penzance, but it still is an outstanding blend, if you're into that kind of tobacco.