Peretti Burley?????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Rock

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I am trying to get into some burly blends. I have been wanting to buy some of Peretii's blends and I think his burley blends sound good. I am looking for an all day burley. I have yet to find a tobacco I consider an all day blend. I am thinking a burley non aromatic or very lightly aromatic. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

Prince albert
Carter Hall
Butternut burley
Walnut- a very light english with burley taste
Half&Half
Edgeworth ready rubbed

All good burleys

Dave- thanks! Have you tried any of Peretti's burley?

Muddler":58w7kmup said:
Tried C&D Haunted Bookshop yet? It's my go to Burley.
I have yet to try any burley blends. I will have to try this though. I like alot of C&D blends, thier Virgina Gentleman is one of my favs.

Well then.....

C&D produce four burley blends that I regularly smoke, each with a character of its own.

Haunted Bookshop
Old Joe Krantz (some find this fairly strong in nicotine. The Perique is high. I love the stuff)
Night Train
Three Friars

A good way to go might be to order a sampler of these from Pipes & Cigars (for example) i.e. go to Bulk Tobacco & just order 2oz of each. Cheaper than a tin.

Peretti burley blends are excellent. You will run into some that will immediately remind of you places you may have been, or people who used to smoke a similar flavor in the past. Careful how tight you pack them. Cubed cut blends will do best as a gravity type feed to load the bowl. Or scoop fill.

Carlos":gbfgx24p said:
Peretti burley blends are excellent. You will run into some that will immediately remind of you places you may have been, or people who used to smoke a similar flavor in the past. Careful how tight you pack them. Cubed cut blends will do best as a gravity type feed to load the bowl. Or scoop fill.
Carlos which burley blends do you recommend?

Carter Hall and Walnut are absolutely great Burley
Blends and can easily fall into the category of all day blends. If you
can find any, Country Doctor is another great Burley Blend, as is
Barking Dog!

Granger, is one of the purest, true Burley Blends
you will ever smoke, however, for some reason, it is overlooked and
goes untried by many pipesters. Granger can easily become an all day
blend.

Johnny

J_Rock":pex29ke7 said:
Dave- thanks! Have you tried any of Peretti's burley?

No I havent been able to get to any perreti's yet
I hope to soon as I can get some of the open tins finished
I have to many open

J_Rock":5uaniugd said:
Carlos":5uaniugd said:
Carlos which burley blends do you recommend?

I have not had a bad one yet. Some need a little time to air a bit. D.D., 333, D-9575, B-94, 33 & BPC are all very good and different from each other. Not listed on their web site, but if you ask they usually have it, is Somerset Slice. A sliced burley flake. D-9575 has Latakia added. B-94 is an obvious rum blend. The others have a mysterious flavor/scent. Don't bother asking, they won't tell you what it is. But it's great.

J_Rock,

Look in the trading post section. Alfredo has some Peretti's burley for sale.

Thanks to all for your replies. I pulled the triger on the Peretti Blend DD from the Trading Post. After about 10 bowls now I am enjoying the hell out of this stuff. I see why some call it a desert blend. I find it a great smoke in the late evenings. All I have been smoking as of late is all burley! I think I am starting to find my nitch in this great hobby of mine!

-Jeff

I have smoked several of the Peretti burley blends and have enjoyed them all, but if I was going to recommend just one it would be BPC.

Smokey :pipe:

I have not tried any of Peretti's blends mainly because they are a little pricey. Burlies should be simple,tasty and inexpensive. tobaccoreviews.com's first entry into the Pipe Tobacco Hall of Fame is Prince Albert and for good reason. It is a great relaxing smoke with a wonderful aroma that will have the women rubbing the inside of your thighs. Many of these old time blends are often overlooked and ignored. That is a big mistake. There is no prestige in overpaying. Can be had at JR Cigar online for dirt cheap. Also try "Sugar Barrel" another oldtimer that I like alot.

"Out of intense complexities, intense simplicities emerge"

Winston Churchill

Pricey? Only in MA. Many bulk blends go for $20 for 8 oz.

"All Burley/American blends are priced as follows:
$2.80-oz. / $20.00-8oz. / $40.00-lb.
(When ordering from Massachusetts: $3.35-oz. / $24.00-8oz. / $48.00-lb.)" from site: Peretti Burley Page

My favorites are D-9575 and Cuban Mixture

Add another vote for Peretti's BPC and 333 burleys. The two blends are VERY close in flavor, but I think the BPC is just a bit sweeter. I have some old half pounds of each sleeping in the basement, along with some Blend W.