Peretti's Burley Blend DD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Blackhorse 2016-10-8
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Peretti's DD Burley Blend is just that. A real 5 star winner. One of the top three Burley blends out there I'm thinkin'. I just got a can in and popped it tonight. When you do an 8 oz order it comes in a totally cool paint can thing with a fairly heavy plastic bag liner. Arguably the best presentation ever. As with other blends that have more or less scented or flavored content I think this smokes better fresh...very, very tasty. The scented aspect is well in the background, not pronounced at all, but is a significant element of its goodness. Subtle and very top shelf. Do I get an Anise flavor? No. To me it's a honey Graham cracker sweet tinge with subtle floral & spice tones...and very, very Burley.

But hey! I've got a couple of guest stars here who will give you a much better description than I ever could. Come on out here boys! Introduce yourselves and tell 'em what you think.

JimInks 2016-05-28
★★★★

The deeply rich burleys are a little earthy, toasty, and very nutty with a little molasses and cocoa. I suspect either deer tongue or coumarin is in the topping as I get a light vanilla hit and some floralness. A touch of anise is present to underline the taste. The toppings mildly tone down the burleys, working together to create a harmonious sweet burley flavor with an added dimension. The nic-hit is just beyond being mild. Won’t bite, and has no harsh moments. Burns easy at a moderate pace, cool, clean and smooth with few relights. Leaves virtually no moisture in the bowl, and burns to ash with no trouble. Has a very pleasant after taste and a pleasant room note. An all day rather refined OTC-like smoke that easily bears repeating.

DrumsAndBeer 2016-01-19
★★★★

I found this Peretti burley mixture to be very similar to their Thanksgiving Day. Side by side they look and smell practically identical. The biggest difference between the two comes in the form of Blend DD's big honey-sweet floral note on the finish, and its fuller flavor profile. It burns cool and smokes slow, producing plumes of smoke and layers of toasty, nutty, deep burley flavor. As advertised, this is a sweet blend, but it's sweet in all the right ways. The floral note is balanced perfectly with the strength of the tobacco flavor and the overall result is down-right tasty. Much to my chagrin, Blend DD is an excellent mixture for a cob.

Very few blenders do burley as well as L. J. Peretti.

Here's a link:

http://www.ljperetti.com/l-j-peretti-tobacco-cat/burley.html

Blend DD is very good. It just so happens that I am enjoying some at this moment.

Anyone that enjoys burley and hasn't taken a tour of the various Peretti blends is missing out.

DrumsAndBeer":3t8wjk41 said:
Blend DD is very good. It just so happens that I am enjoying some at this moment.

Anyone that enjoys burley and hasn't taken a tour of the various Peretti blends is missing out.
:fpalm: How can I possibly try all these different tobaccos the world provides? Guess I have a new mission!

BH I don't if I should thank you or just kick myself for being so weak. When you first posted this thread I remembered that I had smoked this blend and liked it so well that I bought a few ounces. It had been some time since I had smoked any but because you described the taste in a way that made me drool I went to my stash to dig some out to smoke. However I found that I was completely out so I had to order a pound and while I was ordering I added another 1/2 pound of Trashkent. So now I've added another pound and a half to my already overloaded stash. There's just no end to it. It seems that if I had 500 pounds of tobacco in my stash I's still be ordering. There isn't any cure for TAD. :)

AJ